BBC Canada HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: BBC Canada HD

Are there any updates to the status of broadcasting BBC Canada in HD?  Does Rogers monitor and respond to concerns and questions from customers on these forums?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@536 wrote:

Does Rogers monitor and respond to concerns and questions from customers on these forums?

Yes, see posts 2, 4 of this thread.

I've Been Around

When will Rogers supply BBC in HD?

Hello @JCC3,

It's definitely a bonus to be able to view content in HD quality! It can often make for a better entertainment experience. Smiley Happy

I regret to advise that there haven't been any updates on if and when BBC Canada will be made available in HD. If we hear anything, we will let the Community know. You may also continue to keep an eye on Rogers.com for any updates as well.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

This is 2019. Today we expect HD resolution on everything we view on TV. SD is only acceptable on little kitchen TVs or 2" smartphone screens. Providing only SD is truly penny-pinching.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

BBC Canada HD is now available on Rogers Ignite TV channel 87 (Ontario)
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it's available on Ignite, why can't we see it in HD on Digital Cable?  Rogers??? @RogersLaura ???

I've Been Here Awhile

I guess digital tv has limitation of bandwidth but IPTV doesn’t (it is Internet server based). I can see more HD content on Ignite TV like BBC World News HD, CNN International HD, CNBC HD, MSNBC HD