BBC Canada HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

BBC Canada HD

Will Rogers ever deliver BBC Canada in HD??

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: BBC Canada HD

Hello @TonyBee,

Welcome to the Community!

At this time we have no updates on when BBC would be available in HD. However, you're more than welcome to share your suggestions here.

Thank you,

RogersCilio

I've Been Here Awhile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Canada

In October 2016, Corus launched BBC Canada HD, a 1080i high definition simulcast of the standard definition feed. The HD feed is currently available on Optik TV (Telus).

As it is now 'available' - what's the plan?

Good morning @MichaelM1!

Welcome to our Community Forums!

At this time, we do not have any further updates to share with regards to BBC Canada HD. Please accept my apologies.

When we do have information to share, we would likely provide an update via a blog post! Please stay tuned Smiley Happy

Thanks!

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

This really is not an answer. Is Rogers applying to broadcast BBC Canada in HD? If so, when did they and if not, why not? There's obviously enough demand.
I'm Here A Lot

I too would like to know when Rogers will deliver BBC Canada in HD. I have also noted that VIsion is now available in HD as of March this year!! Why can Rogers not deliver this to it's subscribers when it seems BELL is able to do?? In today's world when everything is being upgraded to provide a good quality image, even the cheaper cell phones, it seems silly to keep on broadcasting these SD channels. We pay a lot of money for cable TV, so please improve your service as you are able to do. Your customers will probably appreciate it! Thx!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I for one also wish more networks would get carried in HD on Rogers. I am aware that not all networks have HD syndication's available, so Rogers can only distribute what a network offers, but if more of them make HD available, they will retain viewership and not just that, but have HAPPY viewers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All i can really say, is a lot of the time, it can be a licensing thing.

Just because a company has an SD version of the channel, doesnt automatically mean that they get the HD version too.   They have to work out a deal and buy the HD version separately.

In some cases like these.. it could just be rogers, etc not wanting to pay for it Smiley Tongue

But also there can sometimes be other restrictions, etc in place. 
Sometimes a channel will have an EXCLUSIVE deal for a period of time with only one specific carrier.  (they pay more for that exclusive).  Bell owns space channel.. when space first came out in HD.. rogers COULDNT get it.. bell was holding it for a period as an exclusive channel in HD.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@PamR wrote:

I too would like to know when Rogers will deliver BBC Canada in HD. I have also noted that VIsion is now available in HD as of March this year!!

Where do you see Vision TV in HD?  I have Ch 24 and Ch 237, both in SD.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Bell has it but Rogers doesn't! Vision HD was launched in March this year.