BANNER ADS - GO AWAY OR I WILL

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

BANNER ADS - GO AWAY OR I WILL

So forcing someone who pays for their TV service to sit through 20 minutes of advertising per hour is not enought. Now Rogers has done us the favour of posting banner ads DURING a TV episode. If I were not paying for the service I would put up with it, but to copy YOUTUBE as your advertising model is unacceptable. Rogers must stop this assault on their viewers or else I will find another television provider.

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: BANNER ADS - GO AWAY OR I WILL

What exactly are you talking about?

I'm an Advisor

Hmm. Not sure, but I have seen banner ads on Yes TV, but that has nothing to do with Rogers as far as I know. They are really annoying. I only watch Yes TV for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy and the ads come on near the bottom of the screen blocking some of the program content.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have seen them as well.

Both on rogers owned stations, as well as station owned by OTHER meida companies (bell, shaw, etc).

It really comes down to EACH channel provider.. they are the ones putting the adds there.

Changing providers, will not change weither you get these or not.

I Plan to Stick Around

the banner adds i've seen so far are for Rogers products and services. Therefore, Rogers is paying to display them. If it is up to the individual channel providers then shame on them.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont think i have seen them for rogers products.. but may depend on what channel each of us is watching.

Was it a particular channel this was happening on?

I dont think they are allowed to overlay on another channel like that.
(i know from some US feeds on a canadian channel they can sometimes sub over comercials as a whole, but thats different.)

I'm an Enthusiast

I hate those banner ads at the bottom. So many times they pop up when there are sub-titles on the screen and the latter get blocked, often at crucial times in a story.

I Plan to Stick Around

The only channel I have found annoying banner ads on is YES TV during Jeopardy,which is the only program I watch on that channel. Thankfully, as of this week, they seem to have discontinued the practice.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm sure I see them on several different channels/programs.

They were on Elementary tonight. Though I don't like them, they don't bother me that much.

However, with Elementary, due the lead actors accent and mumbling style of speech, I have trouble catching all the dialogue. So, I flip on the CC and that is when I find those banners a royal pain in.......
I'm a Senior Advisor

So, in short, to the OP, there's nothng Rogers can do about ads inserted by the networks.