cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Box Reauthorization

myusername100
I plan to stick around

Greetings,

What happen to the automatic box reauthorization?  In the past when I needed one of my set-top box reauthorized,  I call 1-866-894-9962, follow some prompts and my box is back in action.  Now that 1-866 directs me to an agent, where I have to be placed on hold first, the agent wants the serial number  which is new and unexpected, then the agent reauthorizes it for me.  Including hold time, time to authenticate me, it took 30minutes.  Anyway to get the automated version back?  Is there a different number to call?

Cheers

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Automatic Box Reauthorization

RogersCorey

Greetings @myusername100!

I do apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.

There is currently no automated option via the phone. That said, if you go to www.rogers.com and login to your MyRogers account, there is an option to Reset Digital Box under Usage & Services > TV.

Regards,

RogersCorey

myusername100
I plan to stick around

Thanks for webpage tip but one of my boxes doesn't have adjacent internet access. No ethernet cable or wi-fi access.  Guess I'll have to run upstairs.  Why did you get rid of the automated phone option in the first place?

Cheers

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

My guess on why is that the system that ran it broke and they deemed it not worthy to fix.  It is only for Rogers considers legacy cable now, digital cable.  The future is the streaming service, Ignite, so they are not investing anything in the old one.  

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation