cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio not controlled by "Watch Cable"

chdiamo1
I'm a reliable contributor

Hello, my old PVR died and was replaced today. I received a new urc2125 remote and paired all devices, the TV (Samsung) and the Audio (a Technics AM/FM receiver).

Here's the problem: The Technics Audio button will only work separately, not through the master "Watch Cable" button. So, I have to press the "audio" button on the remote and then the small power button under the "Watch Cable" button to turn the Technics receiver off and on. Nothing I do will make the master "Watch Cable" button also turn on the audio (the Technics receiver). Nor will the volume or mute buttons work on the audio as they did on the former PVR and the former urc2125. I have tried all three pairing codes for the Technics audio but get the same result. Rogers support says there's nothing more they can do to help me.

Can anyone out there help me? Thank you so much for your ideas.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Audio not controlled by "Watch Cable"

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

See the following link to the operating manual.  Use method F for setting the volume properly and method H for setting the master power properly.

https://www.urcsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Rogers-URC2125.pdf

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

See the following link to the operating manual.  Use method F for setting the volume properly and method H for setting the master power properly.

https://www.urcsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Rogers-URC2125.pdf

chdiamo1
I'm a reliable contributor

Thank you so much for your help! The printed instruction folder for the urc2125 remote is so detailed that it overwhelmed me. Why on earth Rogers phone and tech "support" couldn't help me is a mystery. Rogers would do well to call you old timers, who know what you're doing, back into service. It's a plus-I guess-that Rogers tech "support" is based in Canada, but I would prefer someone in India, the Phippines, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica or El Salvador who knew what they were doing and can as readily solve an easy problem as you did, than someone in Canada who is clueless! If the CRTC mandated MORE competition in cable tv service-not less-I'm sure its tech "support" would be infinitely better!!

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation