Audio Issues on Some Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Audio Issues on Some Channels

Having audio issues this past month, most of the kids channels, 68 family jr compared to food channel 58 is Lower. Suggestions how to fix this issue. Tried all the advanced setting on tv and roger box, no luck.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Audio Issues on Some Channels

Good evening and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @RCHEAH,

Thank you for bringing the audio issue to our attention. May I know what box are you currently using? Have you tried to reboot the box at all? Can you also confirm if this issue is occurring on more than one box? Are you using an AVR or sound bar or is the issue over TV the speakers?

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same thing happen with Family Channel and YTV, I always to have to adjust the volume of my tv, also the commercials are louder than the shows (mainly on Family Channel). I have the Nextbox (new-brunswick version)

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

This seems to happen with all services as commercials tend to be louder.  On my TV, there is a setting for steady sound so that the volume stays the same across all channels.   Check it out and see if you have that in the sound menu of your TV.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

some channels the volume is really loud and others can bearly hear

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

started a couple weeks ago, nothing changed on my end, it effecting both boxes which are different models
Highlighted
I've Been Around

@RCHEAH wrote:

Having audio issues this past month, most of the kids channels, 68 family jr compared to food channel 58 is Lower. Suggestions how to fix this issue. Tried all the advanced setting on tv and roger box, no luck.

***Edited Labels***

I have a same issue. anyone got a solution???

Highlighted

Hi Community! Lovely day we're having here. I hope you're all doing well!

If you're having audio issues such as the ones above on a specific channel, I'd like to run some tests on your equipment and submit an escalation if need be.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for help with this. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What is with the volume on this channel? RT has a 30% louder audio signal than the rest of the boxes, let alone it is the worst channel for actual news since it is a Russian propaganda feed. Replace it with a real news channel please!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When I sent the following regarding the PCM Issue about a month ago to OOTP, I received a callback and the CSR confirmed that Rogers were aware of audio issues, one of which is PCM, and one of which is the fact that some channels are significantly louder than others. The difference for me is very noticeable when I watch the news at 11PM and switch between Global 517 (quiet) CTV 518 (medium), City 519 (Loud).

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-audio-drop/m-p/461070#M52209

This may be the reason that they switched to PCM for a lot of channels, or perhaps that's related to bandwidth issues - not sure.

This is certainly something that Rogers is aware of, but seems to be taking a long time to fix for whatever reason.

Note that some TVs have a user menu option under "audio" that can help to "equalize" the volume on the TV, thereby minimizing the impact.  Also, setting the audio output in the Rogers box to "narrow" may help somewhat too.  For those audiophiles with AVRs, the issue is more difficult to solve while maintaining the optimum audio quality.