Are you kidding me? I can't rewind or go forward with Rogers On demand?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Are you kidding me? I can't rewind or go forward with Rogers On demand?

I seldom use ROD except for kids shows for the grandchildren. The VCR controls work fine on those as I recall. However, having missed the debut episode of a new series, I tried to watch it on ROD and it was loaded with commercials I could not FF through. Once into the show itself I could pause and rewind, but still not FF.  But ROD is a bit buggy because on the show I was watching the screen went black 5 minutes before the end and I could not resume to see the end of the episode. The only way to see it was to download a torrent.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

The Shaw app is fantastic. All the features you would expect in a modern app using current programming API's.

I've Been Here Awhile

What frustrates me about this is that when a show I attempted to record either cuts early or programming overlap or similar issue (for example the first episode of suits since their return that recorded wasn't suits, it was something else completely and I fast forwarded and it wasn't even late, just mislabeled or airing error) and then I am forced to watch on demand and sit through commercials. We pay money to for the content but still have to watch commercials for that content? The only time I could see networks feeding us commercials is watching their programming without a cable subscription online. This is ridiculous. This costs more than Netflix, for example, yet we still get commercials. I can't understand how we as consumers accept these commercials by the networks when WE ARE PAYING FOR THE CONTENT. Unless their network is free to watch, the commercials should be taken off, especially on demand. Could you imagine commercials within Netflix, Crave, Amazon Prime Video, etc. No, so why do we get it from other networks we pay for?!
I'm a Senior Advisor

I too missed the first episode of the return of Suits because for some reason I had it set as a "time slot" not a "new" recording and it came back an hour later than before. No problem, I found it on ROD. However, it was a pain to watch because I could not skip through the commercials and when I paused it to go to the bathroom it had exited and I had to go through all the rigmarole again to resume watching.  It would have taken me less time an aggravation to get the torrent instead. ROD today is a lot more buggy and full of commercials that it was years ago. Just now I tried going to ROD to check the episode number of Suits and kept getting a error message.  And since the advent of Ignite TV, I don't expect the cable stuff to get any fixes or improvements.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 in conversation