Are you kidding me? I can't rewind or go forward with Rogers On demand?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Are you kidding me? I can't rewind or go forward with Rogers On demand?

I don't watch much.  I spend over $160 per month with Rogers for Internet and TV only.  I'm truly hoping I'm doing something wrong here....but suspect I'm not.  I will drop this whole thing in a flash if this is the case.   Just want to hear from other.  Can't live like this (even if it was free).  

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Are you kidding me? I can't rewind or go forward with Rogers On demand?

Depends on the content.. Some you can some you can't.. I think it depends on which channel it comes from.
Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

Some content on Rogers on demand will have this feature disabled.   This has been put in place because some TV Channels for example global will require its customers to watch some TV Ads. 

I've Been Here Awhile

nice post dear!!  keep posting..

Download TV Shows Free

I've Been Here Awhile

I can certainly understand wanting us to watch the tv ads, but not be able to rewind or put the VOD on pause for tv shows is now getting a little ridiculous!!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

While it is a pain to not be able tp rewind and fo forward on some On Demand sites, it's not Rogers that is preventing you from doing this.

My parents live in NJ, and with their cable company, they have the same issue with specific stations.  NBC allows you to rewind and fast forward their On Demand content, but ABC is not.

Again, it's not the cable company doing it, it's the channel themselves not allowing the cable company to do it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Unable to REWIND an On Demand program

I was watching Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D….I missed a part of the dialog when I got distracted for a bit , so Like I have done many times in the past, I tried to rewind to watch that part again ……but it said that the controls were disable for this program. I can pause and stop , but not REWIND

I can understand that the Fast Forward is disabled, since you would like us to watch all the commercials. But why was the Rewind disable, that makes no sense. I shouldn’t need to scramble for the remote in order to pause if I need to walk away for a bit, what is the big deal if I rewind the program? …I may end up watching the commercials again (in some cases I have even rewind a commercial if I missed something) …it makes no sense to block rewinding.

I hope this was just an oversight and not the norm from now on. I paid for the service and I own my receiver …if I want to rewind the program I feel I should have every right…..In fact I should be able to fast forward if I want, if the commercial is not relevant to me then why force a person to watch something they have no use for.

I've Been Around

Deal breaker if no forward. and of course rewind.
How the heck much do I have to pay to have control of the recording. And who.
I will use an android box if you won't give me what I want.
So don't cry about users moving away.
You are causing it.
I understand if I watching in real time, but life can get in the way.
Thanks. Now I understand.
Question....
How much more do I have to pay, to have proper control of the bloody stream. Sheee
I've Been Around

Agreed. I pay way to much to be unable to fast forward.
I'm a Senior Advisor

The ability to use VCR controls, or what the industry calls trick features for the skip channels with the plus /minus is not defined by Rogers -  It is defined by the broadcasting network.

So for example Global will define their own expected controls, while HBO has a different set (limited speed of fast forward and reverse) and I am not sure if the skip feature works.

Also, you bring into play the reality that some of the On-Demand is owned by Rogers Media, some by Chorus, HBO, Showcase, Bell Media, etc and each network sets their own rules.

Now, if you are on IPTV with jump back 30 hours, you are working with their PVR model while Rogers PVR only lets you go back to where you started the show. 

I have a relative who works for Telus in the west - they have the same limitations, and part of her job in quality control is to make sure that the feature set for play of On-Demand is set as per contractual obligations.  On Demand is purchased with a different set of expectations than live TV, outside of the control of Rogers or any provider.

Bruce