Apple TV Can't sign into Crave

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple TV Can't sign into Crave

Crave have modified their FAQ from my post 22 of this thread.  Apple TV4 is now available (a few days early) and Gen 3 will be available "in the coming weeks".

In the coming weeks Crave will be available on all partner platforms, such as Apple TV Gen 3, Xbox One, Samsung Smart TVs, and Amazon Fire TV.

I've Been Around

Same exact thing is happening to me!
I've Been Here Awhile

Is that FAQ post recent? I am having the same problem. The Crave app on my Apple TV automatically updated today, (Nov 15th), and I tried to sign in. It sent me to the crave website, asked for the password that the Appletv crave app provided, then I logged using the website, it said I was successfully logged in, and the app on the Apple tv would refresh, but the crave app kept saying. "user could not authorize by authentication provided".
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lora36 : Which generation of AppleTV do you have.  So far only the Gen 4 is working.  Gen 3 is going to be a few weeks, per post 31.

I Plan to Stick Around

Even though Crave has indicated that they have updated their software to allow Crave to be viewed on Apple TV (3+) I am still getting error messages saying that the Apple TV cannot authorize.  My system is using a 7 digit authorization code and i linked into the Crave site and it allows you to register with the Rogers authorization but this authorization does not update my Apple TV.  I have a 3rd generation system, is anyone else having the same problem or been able to fix it.

I'm Here A Lot

I’m having the same problem with my gen. 3. I emailed Crave and their suggestion was to reinstall the app. Which is ridiculous since you can’t do that on a gen. 3. You can only hide apps. You’d think they would know that. So now I’m waiting for their response to that. I’ll keep you posted!

I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't know enough about Apple, but if it is similiar model to my Sony Smart BlueRay player which had many apps installed, these were all managed by Sony - I had no capacity.  Maybe Apple has not pushed the newer crave apps out to the boxes yet - just guessing here - I have apps on my Sony player that no longer connect at all, like YouTube and Netflix and a couple of others.  Same is true on another player I own.

So maybe the issue is a Crave/Apple issue - maybe contact Apple forums or support for assistance, since you have an initial response from Crave, although clearly the response is not an educated one if they are unaware that you can't reinstall an app on a Gen 3.

The whole model of smart TV apps, and different company boxes where the apps are managed by the company can be a real headache, and then you get a support person who has no awareness of who various devices work.

Although, in my reading of the device, it says that if you have auto update of apps turned on, if the app hasn't come, then it may not have been pushed by Crave to Apple yet.  If anything like Android, they push apps out at different times for Android TV, and is also dependent often on the device company rollout of the app, versus Android phones, and the same issue comes with game and media boxes.  There is not currently a standard model of writing and rollout of updates to all the various models out there and certainly the references on your device Gen 2 and 3 indicate that they are the ones pushing the update, not Crave - it goes Crave, who has to write it to a Crave device feature set, then Apple has to test, then push it out.

I am going to guess it will come, but keep hounding Crave and Apple, it really is not a Rogers issue, as Rogers is a consumer of Crave and has no control over the Crave app and the feed, they just modify Anyplace, the Ignite app, and the settop box menus for Ignite and digital to reflect the new feeds.

Hope it comes soon so you can get to enjoying your "new service" in the way you enjoy.

Bruce

Hope it is solved soon.

Bruce

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks Bruce but I'm leaning towards it being a Crave issue.  The app is the updated one.  You can sign in just fine on the Gen. 4 Apple TV.   It's the Gen. 3 that's an issue.  You get through the whole sign in process through your browser and it says you've been successful.  But on the tv it says "User could not authorized by authentication provider"  

Very frustrating to see all the new content on the app.. and not be able to sign in.  Luckily I get Crave through my rogers box for my main TV!  

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Bruce,

Thank you so much for your detailed advice.  I will keep reaching out to Crave however i have not reached out to Apple so I may do so.  I will let you know if this gets fixed.

Thanks

Paul

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Chrizmo,

I have the exact same issue you have mentioned but no luck from Crave.  I also get it through IPAD, Apple Generation 2 and Apple Computer.  I can Airplay crave from my Ipad to the Apple Generation 3 box.  I will keep trying it is just annoying. 

Thanks for your response.

Paul

Topic Stats