Apple TV Can't sign into Crave

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple TV Can't sign into Crave

Agree but they knew about this change from few months back...
All i’m Saying if they advertise something make sure it works on that day...
I can wait few days just not sure if Rogers doing anything about it
Reports from tech support sujjedt thst they are not aware of issue !!!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Someone posted this on the other thread.

https://www.crave.ca/help-and-frequently-asked-questions-74295754

"Users who have subscribed through Crave.ca:  Crave is available directly to all Canadians with access to the Internet via Crave.ca. It’s also available on iOS and Android devices. By November 15, Crave will be available on all partner platforms such as Apple TV, Samsung Smart TVs, Xbox One, and Amazon Fire TV."

So with the rebranding, and these changes.. looks like there will an app update to make fully compatible on other platforms, by the 15th.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The problem is we live in a "I WANT IT RIGHT NOW" Society. Back years ago when I was young, we were very patient, when a movie came out we visited the video store to see if it was available, if so, we rent it and watched it, if not, we did not complain and whine and cry and scream. We would simply wait till the next day and check to see if it became available and if it was, we would rent it.

This whole new technology of streaming your movies anytime you want is GREAT* but we need to be careful, too much consumption is also not good for us, and there are people who are glued to their tablets and phones watching/streaming movies while they're cooking, giving their kids a bath, vacuuming, or doing other things around the house or *yikes* even driving their car *yikes* they are too addicted to screen time they are not paying attention to other important things around them they are setting them self up for danger.

I am all in favour of a good streaming site like Crave (Formerly Crave TV), and a TV channel like Crave (Formerly TMN The Movie Network but please please please watch in moderation and don't over due it.

I'm Here A Lot

I’m having this issue as well😡....can anyone answer this...I already subscribed to crave through my Apple TV...now that it’s inckuded with the Rogers hbo bundle which I have do I cancel my subscription through Apple? If so will I lose any programming, functionity etc?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good question.

As it is for now, it looks like until the 15th, wont be able to go through the apple TV to view.

If its included, then yes, you wouldnt need your subscription that  you are paying elsewise.

BUT, not sure myself, if it keeps track of what is watched, etc.
That sort of thing wouldnt carry over from one account to the other Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

@ Pauly

There is a fair amount of evidence that digital devices are harming young people ( of school age). Schools should not allow devices at all. Paper and pencil. Be interesting to see where the children of top companies such as Facebook, Google, etc... go to school and what their policy on electronic devices is ( a fair number attend private schools which ban those devices).

As for adults, some people are in positions where movies are their hobbies. Telling them to be moderate about that can make no sense. Your examples are well taken though. 

The whole issue with the Apple TV seems to be the crave.ca vs cravetv.c, as I mentioned earlier. Mind you, someone seems to have succeeded in activating their AppleTV using the old app, which uses cravetv.ca

I'm Here A Lot

Crave TV still DOES NOT activate on Apple TV 4 and Apple TV 4K as of November 3, 2018 at 1:59pm.  It does work on my Android phone and a Amazon Fire Stick.  Not sure if this a Rogers issue or a Crave issue.  Still very annoying, but I can at least access everything on the receiver via Video On Demand.  I'm guessing it's Crave's activation servers for any new activation.  The Rogers credentials clearly work, but it's not working even though it says successful activation.

I've Been Around

On the Crave website FAQ it states that updates to Apple TV app will take place by November 15th
I've Been Around

I encountered the same problem. I've been able to access CraveTV on my iPhone, iPad and PC but when I successfully go through the AppleTV activation process on my PC, the CraveTV app does not reload and activate. I've tried the activation process both on my iPad and my PC.

I've Been Around

Crave indicates that Apple TV and other platforms will work by November 15th.  This is a Crave issue rather than a Rogers issue.  Sorry didn't see page two that this information has already been posted.  

Topic Stats