Anyplace TV not working with Rogers phones

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Anyplace TV not working with Rogers phones

I just keep getting error 805 no connectivity error on both my iPhone 4S and iPad mini. Frustrating....
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You do have the newest app (they changed/upgraded it a few times, so you may have an old app, they may not support it anymore.)
Does the iPad have a cellular connection? Currently this is needed for the app to authenticate (we are trying to get them to change this)

I'm an Advisor

Anyplace TV works fine on my iPhone 4S but, as Gdkitty said, you need to use a cellular connection. It does not work on Wi-Fi, which is totally dumb. If you have Wi-Fi enabled, the app prompts you to turn it off. I do have the latest version of the app, which I believe was out sometime in the last few weeks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think you can turn the wifi back on after you have authenticated with the cellular though.

Hopefully they will change it, as all their other services that require authentication go just off the login/pass

I Plan to Stick Around

So now the apps sign in on both devices but I cannot use it as a remote or to record tv.
I'm an Advisor

I thought you were posting about Anyplace TV, but it looks like you're talking about TV Home Edition, which is the app that lets you program your cable box. Rogers has given confusing names to these 2 apps. When you sign in to the Home Edition app, you will see references to Anyplace TV Home Edition. The other, real Anyplace TV app lets you watch live TV shows and it doesn't complain if you have Wi-Fi turned on. I just tried Home Edition and got an Error General Failure message, whatever that means and it doesn't recognize my PVR, saying that it's unavailable. The remote will power it on and off, though. Also, if you have show tips on, there's something called Tune your TV, which lets you tune your guide to any channel you want, but I haven't been able to find where this screen is. My app version is 2.2.10, which I believe is current. I have used this successfully before and don't know why it's so flaky. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Another quirk is the remember me "feature" when you sign in doesn't work either. After you sign out, the remember me button is off and your user name and password fields are blank. The Anyplace TV app does remember your name, but not your password.

I'm an Advisor

Just a brief update from yesterday. The app started working fine after I rebooted my 8300. The other interesting thing is the app worked fine today with Wi-Fi turned on and it was much faster. Yesterday, it kept asking me to disable Wi-Fi. I wonder if this has something to do with the PVR needing a reboot. It's definitely strange. The only issue I have with the app now is that I can't find the Tune your TV feature, which is supposed to let you select a specific channel in the guide. I've looked everywhere and even looked at online help, but it's not mentioned anywhere unless you turn on Show tips on startup. The tip shows a screen shot of the feature, but doesn't say how you get to that screen.

I've Been Here Awhile

Same on the SGS4

I've Been Here Awhile

I'll be waiting for the SGS4 to work!Cat Surprised

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm not a cable subscriber but have anyplace tv as part of my phone package. Using anyplace tv on my iphone, I used to be able to stream to my Apple TV, and now am receiving an error message. Anyone else having this issue?