Anyplace TV not working with Rogers phones

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Anyplace TV not working with Rogers phones

I have spent the better part of 7hrs with the Rogers tech dept and the anyplace TV dept. I've had the 4s since sept and have yet been able to log in never mind use the app. Can't verify you, boots to a quickplay website, IM not registered, the app has an upgrade not available in Canada yet, and the latest there is a new app in the app store delete this one and install new app. Guess what no new app same message. Im just about ready to cancel my accounts with Rogers. When is a bonus not a bonus when you can't use it....Then some kid at the store says I need a better phone its probably my phone that is too slow...ahhhhhh Rick R

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have the 4, and it works here.

I am guessing the phone person went through all this, but just to be sure.

- Using Rogers Anyplace TV Moible (not anyplace TV or anyplace TV home edition) app?
- Its on a rogers Wireless phone?
- You are loging in, with the login (guessing the same as the fourm here?) which is the one that you have tied with your myrogers which shows your account info? (as you can have a login, with no account associated with it)

I've Been Here Awhile

thanks yes been through all that

I've Been Here Awhile

guess what no more mobile app available in app store, hopefully there working on it

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When i posted yesterday or the day before (whenever it was), it WAS there on the app store.

You are correct, it is NOT there now... hmm.. must have taken it down, to maybe update it then? Smiley Sad

I'm an Advisor

Anyplace TV seems to work fine on my iPhone 4S, but it's very limited in terms of what can be watched. If you read the PR on Rogers web site, it implies that you can watch anything that you're subscribed to on cable, which is false. I get prompts to sign up for a subscription when I try to watch most channels. I really don't use the app much anyway, but I tried it just to see what it does.

I've Been Around

Hi have Samsung gs2 with jellybean update have problem with anyplace tv app got update did it my problems started tells me to get adobe flash which it does not support it is a little upsetting looked forward to using this app to it's full potential thanks happy with service except for this
I've Been Around

Rogers Anyplace TV is not compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S4.  I have contacted technical support and they say that this will be resolved with an upcoming release but they have no idea when that might happen.  The Rogers website currently states that this app is available for the S4.  This is false advertising and should be corrected immediately.  I recently upgraded from the Galaxy S3 and relied on the representation made by Rogers that this app would work on the S4.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Seems to work well on my Galaxy S3 phone over wireless in my house.   I was actually rather impressed that the S3 can connect to both the 2.4 Ghz band as well as the 5 Ghz band over Wireless N.   

Anyway, I'm not sure if this was already covered in previous comments here but Anyplace tv works only on your home network, wired or wireless for no additional cost but if you want to watch it over your cell data plan with phone or tablet you have to pay an extra subscription on your monthly data plan.   I don't recall the cost.   I don't bother with this myself. 

Generally when I watch Anyplace tv (not often) it's on my laptop so I at least have a decent size screen and can take it outside.

As for the channels you can watch, it's is incorrectly advertized as you can't watch all the channels you have on your cable subscription.   it's a restricted subset and with limited shows that are mostly broadcast on the Canadian networks but not all.   As an example the american broadcast networks, ABC, NBC, DBS AND FOX are all missing, etc.   

I've Been Around

I have a Galaxy S4 and can confirm that anyplace tv does not work. Why are people surprised with the results we are getting? Every major telcom/cable/satellite company are liars and scammers, this is fact. They just create all these ads to make it seem like they are so nice and generous and great companies. Things will NEVER change so be happy with what you have.