Anyplace TV not working with Rogers phones

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anyplace TV not working with Rogers phones

Mousetamer

I just took a look at google play (since my battery died, its charging).
It may not do playback.
It looke like they merged the LIVE tv app, with that program, and allows live tv from the app.

Will double check the playback tonight.

I've Been Around

did you ever get this solved??

I am getting the same issue I just switched berry's

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Salmobilio?

What particular issue?

THere have been a few discussed within the thread.

I've Been Around

Also having problems on my iPhone 5. I keep getting the unable to authenticate message.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@winniep

You are on a Rogers iphone5?

You are trying to authenticate with it on cellular? (Wifi off)

Not sure of this makes a difference, but for collecting info, are you in an lte or 3G ?

I've Been Around

AnyplaceTV should be called NoPlace TV. It crashes everytime I use the app. I have yet to see its full functionality and at this point do really care to
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I do get the occasional crash on it as well. (usualy after their add thing before the show)

Seems to work in general for me, i havent had an issue login in to date on it.... just find the menus/loading EXTREEMLY slow.

One odd note, i just realized that i log into it with my email associated with my MYROGERS account.. compared to most other rogers login things (the Anyplace HOME for the PVR setting, the home security system, etc) i use the login name.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have read many of the reviews that state the app doesn't work. I had the same error message upon downloading but called Rogers support. With their help and my own trial and error, do the following and it should work.

1. Download app
2. Unplug Rogers box and wait 10 sec before plugging back in
3. Put tv on, NOT CABLE BOX, and you will see the status of loading. It's complete when the red bar goes across the full bottom of tv screen. It will automatically disappear when it's done.
4. When done put the cable box on
5. Log into app. (It might not work yet). If not, wait an hour to allow the cable box to communicate with the app.
6. Shut down phone, not just the screen, but shut completely off. Wait and then turn on again.
7. Now when you log into app it might need a sec to download the box and guide info but all should work just fine!

Yes, you shouldn't have to go through all this but what can I say.

Hope this helps!
I've Been Around

Trying to sign on after loading app using my rogers name and password. I keep getting for the last 4 days " we cannot verify your credentials at this time, please try again later" How much later is later? Tech support is useless
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your tv account is tied to the login on your myrogers?