Anyplace TV missing channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyplace TV missing channels

Just logged into Anyplace TV is missing a ton of channels on both website version as well as APP version.  Is there a reason for this?

***Added Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Anyplace TV missing channels

Anyplace TV is not, and never has been, designed as a 'replacement' service for your set top box and TV.

As has been mentioned here a lot, streaming rights are negotiated separately from broadcast rights. The channels on anyplace TV are the channels Rogers has negotiated the streaming rights for ( most of the specialty channels, you'll notice, are owned by a cable operator, either Rogers or Shaw).
I Plan to Stick Around

just wondering whats up with space channel and cant remember the other i see that space is now 55SCIFIS  which i can get on my tv np but not with anyplace tv

I Plan to Stick Around

k so now that i am in the right spot and read the posts here basically i am up a creek with out a paddle to get back the channels that i used to have now that they have changed 😞 it figures i only watch a few channels and they had to be the ones that are gone now

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There has been a huge CTV "rebrand".  See the following link:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/12-television-industry-channels-providers/284873-large-ctv-cable-ch...

The usage rights to these channels may have changed since I believe they are Bell owned.  If this has happened, then there's nothing Rogers can do (Rights can be different for TV, vs Streaming, etc).  Also, Rogers may simply not have applied them properly to Anyplace. Contact Rogers and express your displeasure.  I find the following link useful for that:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

As 57 mentioned, Bell Media recently rebranded some of their specialty channels to align with their CTV trademark.

Space -> CTV Sci Fi

Bravo - > CTV Drama

Comedy -> CTV Comedy

Gusto (?) -> CTV Life

As for Anyplace TV, I can stream Sci Fi on Anyplace TV on both my phone and PC.  Have you tried logging out and back into the app?