Anyplace TV isn't working with Airplay

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bettybop
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyplace TV isn't working with Airplay

I can use Airplay to display/mirror my iPhone and iPad screen to my TV (which supports Airplay) and the Anyplace TV interface shows fine on the TV but as soon as I select something to watch an error message comes up saying

"Error! HDMI connection not allowed while streaming video."

The problem is that there are no HDMI connections attached to the TV and there are no HDMI connections attached to the iPhone/iPad. 

This is using the latest versions of iOS and Anyplace TV. I've tried resetting all devices and this does not work.

This used to work fine. I suspect that maybe this bug was introduced in more recent versions of Anyplace TV.

**Labels Added**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anyplace TV isn't working with Airplay

I don't recall AnyPlace working with Airplay unless it is many years ago.  Here's a summary post on "casting".

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-anywhere-tv-app-on-sony-bravia-tv/m-p/434029#M48633

Casting is now allowed to a Chromecast device using the IgniteTV app, but not AnyPlace.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Casting-from-Ignite-TV-app/m-p/479053#M89...

bettybop
I've Been Here Awhile

It worked just a few months ago.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bettybop wrote:
It worked just a few months ago.

Hmm.  There were new AnyPlace versions 5 months ago, 8 months ago and a year ago.  13.4.5, 13.4.2, 13.3.0.  There have also been new OS versions during that time frame which may have had an impact.  You often don't get the proper error message when things don't work, hence the HDMI reference.  Sorry, I can't help you further as I rarely cast.  Perhaps someone else here has more information on Airplay and AnyPlace.

I assume that the programme you wish to Airplay works fine on the device itself?

bettybop
I've Been Here Awhile

It's the Anyplace TV app. Airplay is basically mirroring the screen of the iOS device. It works fine for all apps (including Netflix/Disney+/YouTube etc.) except for Anyplace TV.  It should be independent of the app. It just mirrors the iOS device's screen but for some reason Anyplace TV is doing some sort of bogus check and fails with the error message as soon as one starts streaming.