Anyplace TV Sign In Problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Anyplace TV Sign In Problem

Anyplace TV works properly on my computer.

However, not so on my iPad (which is the device I really want to use for this service).

When I attempt to sign in on the iPad (using the Rogers Anyplace TV app) I get the following message:

"We're Sorry
Video on the tablet app is currently available to Rogers cable TV, internet, home phone or wireless customers on a monthly plan only.

You can continue to watch TV shows, movies and more on your PC or laptop, online at www.rogersanyplacetv.com"

However, I AM a Rogers customer, for both cable TV and Internet.

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Lawrence

***Edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

Re: Anyplace TV Sign In Problem

Have you cheked the FAQ's to see if that helps

http://www.rogersondemand.com/help/faq?selected=1

I've Been Around

Hi

Just spent 35 minutes on the phone with Customer Support. You cant sign up for Anyplace TV if you live in western Canada. Not availabe. It would help if the App said this on its front page!

I've Been Around

You would think with all this so called technology that Rogers would be able to differentiate the locations of there customers using our area codes. Then let the ineligible account holders know that they can not receive certain services in the area that they live. It would lessen the frustrations that arise from sitting on hold waiting for tech support to tell us that we can't have these features.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, the WEBSITE here at rogers does that, if you choose your province, it selects what services you can and cant get.

For apps, might be a little more difficult... most apps are handled, through Apple, or google.  Yes rogers is the one that creates the app, but i dont think either of them, has a way on their site, to differentiate on those sorts of criteria (i know they can do it via OS, IE: this app wont work on your OS/Device).

Now, roger COULD at least build this into their App, that maybe it looks up your account info when trying to log in, and says HEY, you dont live in the right area, and pop up a message like that.  ALso put a disclaimer on the text of the app pages as well.

I've Been Around

I also have this problem with my iPad.  And I live in Toronto!  What an annoying experience.

I'm an Enthusiast

You'd think Rogers would always be looking for ways to reduce the workload on their CSRs in India and make service less stressful for the people paying the bills and looking over their shoulders at the competition, namely us.
I'm an Enthusiast

@pinetree wrote:

I also have this problem with my iPad.  And I live in Toronto!  What an annoying experience.

Are you guys looking at this as a way of avoiding TV bills altogether, or just another more mobile way to watch TV programmes? I have a Galaxy Tab so I may be looking into this as well. Maybe less money on TV in future and more on internet or the other way round.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While not on the ipad (which i beleive works slightly differently), i have to be on celular to start, for it to verify im on rogers, then can switch to wifi... it then allows me to log in.

The android one, i have only used once, but goes just off login i beleive.

Now, my understanding is, that anyone can create a login, and use the anyplace TV, regarless of being a rogers customer.  BUT.. your listing of what can be watched, will be very limited station wise.  Not everything is on there, its only the Rogers On Demand stuff, and without being a rogers tv customer, you get the basics there. 
If you have the TV and more channels, you can get access to more through the app as well.

I've Been Around

Just downloaded the app on my Xox 360. When I went to www.rogersanyplacetv.com there was nowhere to sign in to create an account, but all the content was there. Ok, fine, but I'd like to use the app I just downloaded. After some more searching, I found www.rogersanyplacetvinfo.com where I now had the option to sign up. When I typed in my email address the sign up process ended because it's already linked to my MyRogers account. Fair enough. PROBLEM IS when I type in my Rogers acct information in the Xbox 360 app it tells me that I need to go to RogersANyplaceTv.com and sign in using my name and password and create my profile, BUT THERE IS NOWHERE TO SIGN IN AND CREATE A PROFILE

VERY CONFUSING AND VERY ANNOYING

ROGERS IN A NUTSHELL