Anyplace TV Home Edition

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition

Why is my rogers home edition not working on my phone

Hello @jasensio,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

The Home Edition app is really great I use it all that time so I know how frustrating it must be to not be able to use it to manage your PVR and watch live TV.

Does it only appear to be not working on your Phone? Have your tried any other devices to see if it works there? Please let us know if you are receiving a specific error message.

There is also a website you can try which works very similar to the Home Edition app on your phone. Please try logging into www.rogersondemand.com from your internet browser and let us know if that works for you.

Regards,

RogersTony

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Is there an app that can view channel lineup and schedule the pvr?

Is there an app for the iPad or android phone that I can view the TV guide and schedule my pvr to record an event while I am out of the house?

thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition - Desktop

Does anyone authoritatively know the status of this?   The link on the rogersondemand.com web site comes and goes with irritating irregularity. 

Its been missing again for a little while so I searched through Rogers help pages; and notice that they now refer to the Home Edition as available only on mobile apps (ioS and Android). 

Is that really correct?  

It would seem to be breathtakingly stupid.  For starters - what do people who don't have mobile devices do?  Specifically a tablet, since a phone screen is too small to handle the amount of information in the Guide.

Secondly, its usual to allow people to access stuff in the way they find most convenient.   For me, the desktop app has (had) a better functionality in many regards and a better UI.

The App (either version) is really important since the PVR UI is so klutzy.

The only reason I can think of is they don't have the skill or expertise to maintain both.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RichardF:  The desktop version works just fine, so I don't know where you got the idea it doesn't. See the second link in post 84 (above yours).

Here's the link to use to access AnyPlace on the web, with the appropriate browser.

http://www.rogersondemand.com/

Just click on "remember me" when you login to your account and you should be able to use "Manage PVR" functions just fine.  If the "Manage PVR" icon is missing, simply logout and retry. You will then need to login again.  This happens on occasion, but it hasn't happened to me very often in the past year or two.

One other tip - don't login to more than one Rogers website at a time.  For example, MyRogers, AnyPlace or these forums.  The Rogers system sometimes gets confused if you login to more than one at a time.

I Plan to Stick Around

Logging out of My Rogers did the trick.  Almost...  I get the web app showing the Guide now but while it is 'seeing' the PVR box (reporting is name and % used correctly) it says there are no recorded or scheduled programs.  iPad app shows the correct info.  SIgh.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Home edition not working on iOS 11 devices

When will The Rogers Home Edition app be working on and iPad Pro running iOS 11?  Getting an error 700 code when trying to stream on device.

Thanks

Kim

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@klake:

Please see the posts on page 2 of the following thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-Anyplace-TV-will-not-work-with-ipad-or-iphone/td-p/36...

It's anybody's guess, but the last time there was an incompatibility it took roughly 5 months...

It may take less time this go-around since Rogers just introduced a "new AnyPlace" for the web, etc, as discussed in this forum.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/The-New-Rogers-Anyplace-TV-Has-Arr...

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the link...I had trouble finding any info as this site isn't the easiest to navigate through.  I remember the iOS 9 update for the app taking forever to work.  Good thing my husband and I still have our old tablets that it still works on.  Not like the group working the iOS 11 update didn't know it was coming down the pipeline so it's hard to understand why it takes them so long to get it working.  Especially when the NHL app works on the new iOS.  Guess they devoted more money & time to that app!!!