Anyplace TV Home Edition

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition

@Sunrider wrote:
Thanks...found it. I got excited and thought I could watch my recordings on my computer! Oh well...

This has never been a feature of the Anyplace TV suite of apps/websites.

I Plan to Stick Around

I know...but wouldn't it be great? The ability to stream PVR recorded content to your devices, or computers from anywhere you have an Internet connection?
I've Been Here Awhile

Is anyone familar with an "ACCOUNT ERROR: (E63)" message when trying to login on an iPhone 6? The app worked fine since install a couple of years ago — now, it works after multiple attempts and/or a long wait. What gives? The point is to set your PVR on-the-fly.

By the way Rogers, in reference to the error redirect message, there is no www.rogers.com/NextBox link (201).

Thanks to anyone who can assist.

Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

Hello @InTheMix,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

What iOS are you running on your iPhone?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?

Thank you for bringing the link to our attention.

The link should be updated to provide information about our cable hardware.

You can click here for more information.

Thanks,

RogersMay

I've Been Around

I downloaded the Rogers anyplace tv home edition app to my iphone, I cannot access the PVR icon , It is faded out and the remote on the app do not work either, Please Help.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@snowbunny I have the app on my Android smartphone, but haven't used it in a long time because I've had no need. But I just checked Manage PVR on the web and after signing it I got an error and had to sign in again, after which the Manage PVR button was gone at the top. Try it on the web and see if it works or not for you. It may just be a temporary Rogers problem, not your app.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

My question/concern was not that the app does not work at all; it is that it does not work until I have tried to login a few times — then it gives me an error message until it decides to work.

The convenience of the app is to allow me quick remote programming when I am on the go, busy at work, etc. If it requires me to wait and tend to it, it is no longer very useful. It needs to be more reliable.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

The manage pvr on the web is gone.....

Steve
I'm a Senior Advisor

@remaxman wrote:

The manage pvr on the web is gone.....

It was gone for me a couple of days ago, but came back. However, this morning (1/14/2016) the site has been screwy. I could not sign in to Community Forums over and over and over again, even after deleting Rogers cookies. MyRogers was okay though. I finally signed out of MyRogers and then went to COMMUNITY FORUMS at the bottom and was able to sign in.

Manage PVR is working for me this morning.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I downloaded and installed the app the other day but it seems to be really restricted in it's feature set. I can only watch live TV when I'm on the network that's associated with my account and the "Play from PVR" button in the app does nothing (someone told me that it'll just play the recored show on your TV). Is this all correct?

The ability to record a show remotely is a nice feature but everything else seems pointless. If I'm on my own network I'll be at home so why not just watch the show on my own TV? The built in remote function and "Play from PVR" button seem silly too. Aside from the novelty factor, why not just use the my own remote?

This isn't a complaint, but rather it's me wondering why release an app with such restricted functionality. It would seem to make sense just to release it as a "set up recordings that you forgot to remotely" type app.