Anyplace TV Home Edition

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Anyplace TV Home Edition

Connectivitty error no intenet yada yada....error 805. Was working perfect a couple of days ago. On both my ipad and iphone

An ideas?

***Edited labels***

Steve
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition

I think it may be more back end/account wise.

Tried going in last night same result, tried going into myrogers website way as well, and errors all over the place with myrogers as a whole.

I'm an Advisor

Yeah, the app has always been flaky like that. One day it's OK, the next it's not. Just tried it now for laughs for the first time in weeks and it's working fine on my iPhone.

I've Been Around

I am a bit frustrated - I called, I used the online chat help.

I can sign in no problem (although the "Anyplace TV Home" experts actually dummied my MyRogers account.  That was fixed yesterday).

My issue is that I just got Whole Home PVR (PVR and 2 HD Terminals).  What I see is someone else's hardware (non-NextBox PVR and 3 terminals) and all they did was argue with me that I have done something wrong.  Nothing has been fixed.  They said it is impossible that I have access to someone else's hardware.

I am a 20-year software and system devloper, and an Electronics and Electrical Engineering Technologist.  I become a little bit annoyed when someone reading from a script is telling me what I have done wrong, when the setup was completely out of my hands.

SO, until they fix it, i am going to keep recording and deleting anything and everything until the other person calls and complains about it.  If there IS another person - Rogers did emphasize that I can't possibly be seeing someone else's hardware.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Though i have not seen it in AGES.. way back when they first started the home edition app.. i did once or twice see other peoples stuff..

But havent seen it in ages.

Tends to be more it just not working at all at the time, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have not had any major issues with Anyplace Home Edition in a long time. (Now under "Manage My Recordings", or "View My Guide").  I use my computer and browser almost daily for this purpose (Mac/FF). On occasion I cannot connect to my PVR, but I'd say for the past year or more, it's been functioning well for me to search for programming and for setting new recordings (99% of the time).

One thing that has been reported on several forums and also corroborrated by my experience, is that if you go into the PVR settings (Manage my PVR) and look at your "scheduled recordings" they may not bear any resemblance to what is set to record on your PVR.  Seems to be some sort of weird bug - If I recall, the channel is correct, but the programme and time are incorrect - I cannot remember exactly - but this issue has been reported by many others.  Apparently, sometimes the scheduled recordings do show up properly, but I rarely go to look at them any more.

The programmes you have already recorded are usually shown properly, although if you've done any recent deletes/or changes on the PVR directly, you may not see those recent changes until the next day on Anyplace.

If you mess with the "scheduled recordings" you may be messing up your own PVR.

Hope that helps.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Started working all by its self again. It was an issue on their part because I couldnt logon to the web site.

Steve
I've Been Here Awhile

Been getting this for an hour are there any known issues in ontario right now

I've Been Here Awhile

London on

I've Been Here Awhile

I lost my remote so im relying on the apps remote lol just made a delicious dinner and im dead in the water with a save the trees show on tvo...now its a dinosaur fossil show...help me