Anyplace TV Home Edition

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition

I am sitting here right now with the The Anyplace TV Home Edition App running on my android phone - version 3.3.1-014.  Somewhat confused - does that mean it doesn't run on tablets, but runs on smart phones??

Hope they don't remove it before they finish the "coming soon" recordings section for managing our PVR's on Anyplace TV (non-home app).

Quick edit - we can't watch the live tv on that app - yes, getting the message to download the new Rogers Anyplace TV - guess we will be constantly getting surprises, as we have since day one when they started testing Comcast, while implementing new apps and leaving the single old one in place.

You can still use it to change your tv channel on showing from the box from the app, the remote option still works, and the PVR management still works.

Weird part is that I guess it got changed on the live feed from the back end - the app is still the same version released in 2016.  Someone needs to change the description of the app though - it says that we can watch live TV on the app when in our home - NOT!!

Rogers just loves to change things and not tell us.  Thanks Tony for the update - I don't watch TV on a phone or tablet live, but I can see why some would.

Some where down the road, we may get stability once they get done with Comcast, the apps, the backend interfaces the interface to old and new and Ignite TV out to all.

Ahh Rogers - would you just learn to send out emails to customers and advise us of changes - or do you like to make the demand on your staff to answer our questions greater than it already is - yes the message is there, but lots of people don't like surprises - and yes I read the terms, you may change the interface at any time without notice.

They didn't even update the play store version yet - no reason for them to think of it I guess - they just turned off the access to the live feed and on my phone some really annoying music is playing while the message changes from English to French.

Definitely read terms closely.  Notice the Web interface also changes recently by the looks to it - I don't follow the version numbers, but they definitely did a new terms to be signed.  I can't test IE 11 because I don't even have it installed anymore on my Windows 10.

I don't go looking for things to point out to Rogers about communication - I just point out what I see - fastest way to improve customer service - communicate in a timely way.

So in summary, the app still works, it is the same app as from 2016, just no connection to the back end servers for live TV, and only way you know is when you suddenly get the message when you go to use it.  If you want live, the only option now is the Anyplace TV app, not the home version.  Best they rename it - it was originally called home because it allowed us to watch full live streams at home.

Bruce

Bruce

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

The app works on my Android phone and tablet.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

I should add that my tablet is Android 4.4 and my phone is 4.1, so the apps are a little different. If your Android version is older that 4.4, don't try to upgrade the app.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to reiterate what I stated earlier in this thread.  There are two apps.  The newer one (AnyPlace TV) is the new interface and can be used for streaming to your device (but not casting to your TV from that device at this time).  Also, you must have the appropriate Rogers package and box(es), along with the appropriate device(s) (Tablet/Phone) with the appropriate OS - See the FAQs below and the appropriate tabs in the FAQs. (For example "What do I need to watch Anyplace TV?")

The older (Anyplace TV Home Edition) was kept around so that people could still programme/check their PVRs.  At this point, you need both apps if you wish to "stream" and "manage PVR".  At some point in the future, it may become possible to use Anyplace TV to "manage PVR".

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/my-guide-amp-manage-my-pvr-missing/m-p/415266#M45098

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-home-edition-overview

Edit - as mentioned in the FAQ - If you're trying to use Anyplace TV on your computer, you need to use a compatible browser - Chrome, Microsoft Edge, IE 11

I Plan to Stick Around

Seems like a downgrade from Anyplace TV Home Edition. With that, I could manage my PVR, browse the guide and schedule shows to record, and watch live TV; all within the same app. Now live TV doesn't work since the Android version is 4.2 on this tablet and it looks like Samsung has no intentions of providing an upgrade. Sad. I'll miss watching the news at the dining room table. But thank you all for the quick responses and info.

I Plan to Stick Around

Google Play shows that this app is not compatible with the Google Nexus Player, even though this device is updated. Wonder why? And does this mean it doesn't work on smart TVs either; just smart phones?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@unun4848 : Please see the following FAQ.  It states what devices are compatible.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

You’ll need:

• A Rogers Digital TV package subscription.
  • A Rogers SD, HD, or 4K digital box that you rent or own (digital adapters are not supported).
  • An active internet or wireless data connection.
  • A computer with an up-to-date browser to access Anyplace TV online, or a smartphone/tablet running iOS or Android to use the Anyplace TV app.
    • Supported browsers: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, IE 11
  • A MyRogers profile, with your Rogers Digital TV account linked to it.