Anyplace TV Home Edition

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition

Yeah, with "Manage PVR" gone from the web version (temporarily), with only Chrome working with "AnyPlace" streaming on the web and with the iOS 11 incompatibility, this is not much fun for quite a few customers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Fair enough (perhaps) in a beta release, the problem is turning off the production web app until the new one is out of beta.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers at home app works fine for me on ios11.0.2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@12345678901 wrote:

Rogers at home app works fine for me on ios11.0.2

@12345678901:  Which version number of the app do you have?  The newest version from October 10 may have solved this issue?

Have you been able to stream live TV with the app?

I Plan to Stick Around

Ahhh, you're correct.  I don't use that feature so I never noticed it doesn't work.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Is there an app that can control the Rogers Box from Smartphone/iPad? 

I was at a friend's place who has Bell Five and she was showing me an app that she uses to control the channel functionality on her Bell box.  Does something like this exist for Rogers?

Hello, @mahomed

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Have you had a chance to check the previous post, MESSAGE 84

@57 has listed the RAP  TV (Rogers AnyPlace TV) Home Edition app for iOS devices. The app is also available on Android platform. Let us know how you like the app.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@RogersMoin

I think you misunderstood what @mahomed is looking for. Apparently bell has an app that controls the channels on your TV. In other words, it acts much like another remote control device. Message 84 refers to the Home Edition app which allows you to view the guide and manage your PVR. From what I can see, rogers does not have what @mahomed is looking for. However, it does sound like a great idea. Also a great idea would be for rogers to add the "Manage PVR' functionality back the new Anyplace TV page for computers or laptops. Any timeline on when this will be complete? Based on past experience with rogers, "soon" could mean anytime from 1 week to 6 months or more. Very frustrating and not acceptable.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dugi& @mahomed :

If you take the time to click on the second link in post 84 there are a list of FAQs.  This was in reply to @mahomed's previous question in post 83.

If you click on the first FAQ "What is the AnyPlace App?" it indicates that:

Our free Anyplace TV Home Edition app lets you control your TV and PVR remotely from your smartphone or tablet. And while the app also lets you watch TV, we recommend that you use our updated Anyplace TV for access to even more channels.

I just tested it on my iPad and it does indeed function as a remote control of my PVR.  I can do anything on my iPad like change channels, etc.  The remote control icon is at the bottom right of my iPad screen. I'm not sure where it is on phones...  You may need to scroll to access all the various functions.

Personally, I prefer to use the Rogers remote control with its tactile feedback and no need to scroll....  I use the app (and AnyPlace Web) mostly to programme my PVRs and to check scheduled recordings.

I suggest you download the app and try it if you're interested in its functionality.

I'm Here A Lot

Rogers anyplace tv home mobile android error 1202

I have tried all of the Android based Rogers Anyplace tv ( Anyplace tv home mobile(On) and I  can log in but when I select the channel on the left hand side of the screen and select watch on phone, I get Streaming Error. There was an error when trying to access the Live TV streams. Please try logging out and back in again (1202) for Samsung S5 & S4 when I use the wifi at home or use my carrier who is Chatr who uses Rogers towers. Both my phones are unlocked and rooted.