Anyplace TV Home Edition

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition

Primarily.. yes, that is what the app is for.. remotely setting recording.

There are some people i have seen that use it more as a remote, yes rather than the one for the TV.

The search, typing in stuff, etc is a little more easier than letter by letter on the remote, etc. 

And yes, the playback button from there, is to just start the recording playing back on the box itself.

Yeah.. a glorified remote.

As for the live playback.. its just designed as another playback device for in your household.
Someone is watching something on the main TV?  You can use the tablet to watch the other channel there generally, etc.

Its not for everyone.
(and MY understanding on why you cant use elsewere?  Licensing.  Whatever rogers pays for the LIVE tv to the channel content owner.. only covers a person watching it in their residence, etc.  Would likely cost more, to get the licensing to watch elsewhere.

Like rogers on demand content, you can watch anywhere.. but its VERY limited content.. only what has been likely paid for to be able to, licensing wise, anywhere)

I've Been Around

I understand Rogers may be experiencing extensive outrages. I'm off this week and wanted to catch up on some tv episodes. Since last Saturday Rogers has been communicating the problem has been fixed, not so. On demand services are completely out and anyplace tv is giving me an error message :

Error We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to complete your request. Please try again.

The anyplace app has very bad reviews and am wondering if it's because of the outage my app doesn't work or if it's because the app is not functional on a good day? 

What at is most frustrating is paying very dearly for a service that is not delivered. Too often I try to put on a channel which I normally have access to via my vip package but my screen shows the service is unavailable at this time. So what exactly are we paying for?  As a customer I feel disrespected. I've been with Rogers since 1994. What was left of my customer loyalty has left me. I think I will use my extra time this week looking for alternatives to Rogers bundled services.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Apparently for the last few months, they have been having some on demand issues... not sure on what the current status is for them.

As for your other issue.. if you are getting a 'service is unavailable at this time' message, that is most likely a signal issue.

It IS up to rogers to fix this.. but its not something that is easily actively monitored.. so you need to contact them and let them know.
It could be any number of things.. between a bad connector.. or the lines outside the house, etc. 
Having them come out with a tech, they should be able to check the signal at all points.. and hopefully fix that issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

The IOS app has not worked on my Ipad since IOS 9 was installed. It comes up and you can sign in but as soon as you try to do something it dies.

I've Been Here Awhile

@Stefan_DR wrote:

Not a whole home setup.

Without changing a thing, I tried it again last night and it was working!  I could see all 3 of my PVRs without error... until the next time...

Of course, not long after posting this, the app stopped seeing my Nextbox 2. I waited about a month hoping the problem would fix itself again. Now Rogers wants to send a Tech to verify 2-way communications saying the box has gone 1-way.

That got me thinking it could be my Panamax power strip that my coax is connected through (for surge protection) blocking 2-way comms. I plugged the box directly into the wall bypassing the Panamax and rebooted the STB. Voila! Now the app can see the Nextbox 2.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

None of my system has changed for months.  The only thing that changes has been IOS9 on the iPad. I only use the Anyplace Home Edition on my IPad. When I log in it sees my Nextbox 3 and sees the correct % used on the PVR but any attempt at an action as simple as tapping on a program just exits with no message. Obviously if you can't tap you can't do anything.   I have been looking  for an update to the app but there is not one, I have the latest

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, apparently its a bug on the iOS 9 on ipad only (works fine on ios on phones).

I Plan to Stick Around

I figured as much. The Royal banks app had a problem with IOS9 on my Nexus 5 as well.

I presume that when the new Navigator is fully rolled out that there will be a new app anyway.

I Plan to Stick Around

It would be great if someone from Rogers can confirm a new app is coming or if the old one is being fixed or now abandonware. I upgraded my wife's iPad to iOS 9 a few weeks ago and it killed the Rogers app. Now she is mad at me.

I'm a Senior Contributor

An update for the app was released today stating iOS 9 support.