Anyplace TV App?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Anyplace TV App?

Yes to clarify the casting does not work and this was an intentional decision on the part of Rogers, thinking that people will rent or purchase a cable box to view content on a large screen television. They have made a very bad mistake. There are several services such as Sling TV that you can subscribe to and cast/mirror the same content that is available on Rogers cable for less money I may add. You may also note that another thing that Rogers has done is blacked out certain channels on Anytime TV unless you are on your home network. For example the American networks ABC, CBS and NBC are not viewable unless you are home. What’s up with that?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I am referring to cast screen/mirroring from my phone to TV using chrome cast app. I watch it every night. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes to clarify the casting does not work and this was an intentional decision on the part of Rogers, thinking that people will rent or purchase a cable box to view content on a large screen television. They have made a very bad mistake. There are several services such as Sling TV that you can subscribe to and cast/mirror the same content that is available on Rogers cable. You may also note that another thing that Rogers has done is blacked out certain channels on Anytime TV unless you are on your home network. For example the American networks ABC, CBS and NBC are not viewable unless you are home. What’s up with that?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It does for me. For 3-4 days it was not working so I wrote on this forum. But it has been working again. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just tried and it is not working for me. How did you get it to cast? I have both a chromecast and a smart TV

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe you are able to mirror the Google home app after you connect to the cast that you have set up.  Check that the app you downloaded is Anyplace TV Home Tablet (ON) app. Now open the app. Click on a channel and click on the  "tablet". You should be able to see the channel. Note that the channels from 1 to maybe 40 do not stream. Try higher channels like 80 HLNHD. Let me know. good luck !

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well why do you think channels 1-40 do not stream? They used to.  In any event it is a moot point. Rogers controls this and they don't want you to cast. So we look to alternatives and there are a number available. Until Rogers wakes up. Legacy businesses try to hold on to the past. Look at the taxi industry and Uber. Look at the hotel industry and Air BnB. Rogers has to move on and let go of the old model of a wired cable box. It will go the way of the dodo bird. In the meantime others will continue to emerge and may very well take over.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I meant to write cast/mirror not stream

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just in case you are wondering why Rogers is so kind to me, well its not! The live streaming has stopped since a month now. This time looks like its permanent. The replacement Anyplace TV app does not support chromecast mirroring so I have deleted both apps and looking for other options ! Now, you guys can finally say "Join the club" 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Will the Home Edition App continue to be available on ios?

Also, the Home Edition App has two options Guide and Live TV and the guide has all the channels listed even though live TV is not available for all.

At www.rogersanyplacetv.com on Google Chrome when all channels are selected, I don't see all the channels that are available on the Home Edition app?  Is there a reason for this?

Can all the channels on the website match with the ones on the app?

Thanks in advance.