Anyplace TV App?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Anyplace TV App?

Now, the app stopped working again. This time is shows the guide but when a channel is selected it shows " STREAMING ERROR There is a problem with this channel and is currently unavailable. Please try again later (700)

This happens for all channels. Technical fault again ?!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ash2010 : Which app are you talking about?  Home Edition doesn't allow for streaming as discussed in our discussion on the previous page.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@57 : Let me explain again. I have the Home Edition app installed on my Android phone. And it live streams on my phone. Then I use chromecast to mirror it on my TV by casting my phone screen. I have been doing it for many months now. As I mentioned, earlier, it worked yesterday night but now gives a new streaming error and I can't watch the channel on my phone. 

It is the Rogers app which has technical fault. Hope you look into it.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ash2010 : Although I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure that recently the Home Edition app no longer allows for streaming. I have it installed on my iPad and it will not stream for me any more (when I tested it three weeks back).  It did until quite recently.  I then downloaded the "new" Anyplace TV app on my iPad and it does allow for streaming, as does Anyplace TV using the Chrome Browser on my Mac Mini computer.  I only stream for testing to help other customers here who have difficulties.  (I am not associated with Rogers, I'm just a customer like you)

I understand that Anyplace TV will not work with your system as the new App doesn't allow for "casting", which is unfortunate for those used to that method.

It may have been a fluke that you've been able to make Home Edition work with enough tries, but I believe you'll find that Home Edition will no longer stream properly and you'll need to figure out a way to use Anyplace TV.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@57 : Thank you for your explanation. You could be right. I had a chat with Rogers technical support and I was told that the streaming feature from Home Edition is being removed. I had it working until last Friday . So I guess we have to use the Anyplace TV app, moving forward. Unfortunately,  "casting"  does not work with Anyplace TV app. Sad !

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes Rogers has removed the casting /streaming feature of Any Place TV. They want you to have a box. It is backwards thinking as many younger people don't want a cable box, they want wireless thru the internet. Rogers will lose customers, just like the home lines are going the way of the buggy whip. Unfortunate that they don't have the foresight on this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually, its been working  since a day after I wrote last. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Perhaps try again. Not working for me or several people that I know and this was confirmed by Rogers tech department

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am referring to the casting/mirroring feature. The app works on a phone, tablet,or computer.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think we may need to clarify what we're talking about. The App is working fine for me, however, as mentioned, casting doesn't work any more.