Anyplace TV App?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregR
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Anyplace TV App

Yes I know I have anyplace tv - that is why I asked
GregR
I Plan to Stick Around

I am on line with a Rogers rep who apparently knows nothing about this email on anyplace tv
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@-G- wrote:

@rgabows  Okay, but the infrastructure that delivers and supports Digital Cable TV has reached end-of-life and the technology itself is getting very dated.  It's also costs a lot of money to keep that legacy infrastructure powered and maintained.  There's no future for Digital Cable, and at some point Rogers needs to shut it down, and it really should have been shut down years ago.

Digital TV customers need to prepare for the day when the service will no longer exist.  Watch all the content on your PVRs and look at what (and whose) service(s) you will be subscribing to next.

Rogers also needs to have a look and their current Ignite packages and pricing, make their offerings as compelling and competitive as possible, and finally announce a retirement date for Digital TV.

I was a Rogers Cable customer for maybe 15 years and it was a great experience. In 2009 I received a Rogers telemarketing call offering me a free SA8300SD PVR and a digital package for less than I was currently paying. Of course I jumped at it. I ended up upgrading to VIP and still saved money. Since then I bought a refurbished SA8300HD and was also given one by my daughter, who left Rogers Cable. I was a happy camper. But over the years Rogers  became more and more expensive and subsequent STBs lost features, which is why I stayed with the SA8300. Then Rogers added remote PVR programming, but later took it away due to licensing fees they or Comcast didn't want to pay. When Ignite was introduced I looked into it, but it would have cost me twice as much and I'd have to leave my ISP I'd had for decades and lose my email address I'd registered on a hundred websites.  Then my ISP put fibre in my subdivision and last year I switched to their IPTV, bundling everything for about the same total price I was paying, plus a better choice of channels over VIP.

It's clear that Rogers is phasing digital cable out due to the sparse packages now offered and apparently new customers can't even get it, only Ignite. Rogers may be the biggest, but there are many competitors snapping at their heels, so they need to be more competitive or lose market share as digital cable customers leave.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario