Anyplace TV App?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anyplace TV App?

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Okay, I was getting an "Entity Too Large" error trying to post the above reply and after two tries, cleared my Rogers cookies before I could post. Now my web app works. I suspect all the problems stem from how the Rogers website works (or doesn't).

Agreed. I was getting the same error all last night, even though I was only trying to post a few lines, so I gave up and posted this morning.  Sounds like they were having server issues affecting lots of different things like this forum and AnyPlace yesterday.

Whenever AnyPlace is not working, I wait a few hours and it's usually fine again.  Sometimes it takes overnight since maintenance is usually performed after 2AM.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Live Chat?

anyplace tv app not working????

Highlighted
I've Been Around

anytime TV is a disaster

Just tried to use this online tv service.      Its really bad.   Typical rogers - its badly done.

When I did select a program I wanted to watch it just buffers and won't start.  

I can't move to the next page (1,2,3,...) since the item above overlaps e.g. I click on 2 to go to page 2 and I get vanillia ice or some other unwanted choice.   immeidately above the page number are a series of clickable icons for different shows.   This icon overlaps the page number and I can't get to the next page and stuck with this.   

why can't anything work with this company?  why can't anything be easy with rogers?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @blahb,

I see that your comment was moved into this thread.  Were you trying to use the Rogers Anyplace tv website (http://www.rogersondemand.com/), or the Rogers anyplace tv app?

I just tested, and:

- iOS app: Got an error message after 20 seconds of playback -- "ERROR: We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to complete your request. Please try again."

- Android app: Working fine.

- Web site (www.rogersondemand.com😞 Working fine.

I know there were issues with several Rogers sites last night.  Are things working better for you today?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

AnyPlace for the web is currently showing incorrect times for programming after DST starts at 2AM on Sunday. It shows 1AM and 1:30AM several times and programmes that start at say 4PM are showing at 3PM for example.  I suggest you don't use AnyPlace until Sunday, unless you have no choice.  The PVR seems to adjust for this weirdness, but all the same...

RAPTV app for iPad and Navigatr IPG on my 9865 seem to be fine, simply skipping the 2AM Sunday timeslot and going directly to 3AM.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyplace TV Does not Work After Upgrade to ios11

Somehow, my iPad got updated to ios11, even though always refuse the update. Now the Anyplace TV app does not work. I get the program listings just fine, but when I want to watch on my iPad I get the following error: "STREAMING ERROR: There is a problem with this channel and is currently unavailable. Please try again later (700)."

Happens on all channels. Deleted and re-installed app to no avail.

Is there a known issue with ios11?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BrownRB wrote:

Anyplace TV Does not Work After Upgrade to ios11

1. Somehow, my iPad got updated to ios11,

2. Is there a known issue with ios11?

In order for iOS to update, you either have auto-updates enabled, or you "accepted" the update, which is easy to do by mistake sometimes after repeated nags.

2. Yes, it's a known issue, discussed in the following thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/th...

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@BrownRB  Try the install again - an update on the Android side of things just came out today - it is identical in look and feel to the new browser version.

Also, note this link about apps on iOS 11 - it will not run 32 bit versions of apps, 64 only.  It describes how to check out compatibility of apps.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/19/16332562/ios-11-32-64-bit-apps-update-wont-work-apple-iphone

This may help. It may also be as @RogersMoin said, a system issue, but clearly Apple has made a significant change on compatibility to many apps, so could be either.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Watching TV on iPad

I want to watch channel 66 (BNN) on my iPad - how do i do that without getting charged? I am a long time loyal Rogers customer.

thankyou.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@ksamji I have BNN on Ch 56. I can watch it on my Windows laptop using Chrome. When I try watching it on my Android phone I get an error message saying there is a problem with my internet service saying I must have Rogers internet, which I don't. I tried on my Android tablet and got a different error message.

Personally, I'm not interested in watching TV on a 2" phone screen, a 5" tablet screen or even a 15" laptop screen when I have a 55" TV screen in front of me.  Sorry I can't help with the iPad, but there are others here who could.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario