Anyplace TV App?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Anyplace TV App?

Can you use the Anyplace tv app to set recordings if you don't have the Nextbox Enhanced guide?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anyplace TV App?

Yes, it should work on the 8642 with both guides, as well as the 8300.

(and by work, i mean be able to set recordings, etc... there are still display issues about exsisting/previous recordings on the app, etc).

I'm a Regular

Thank You.

I'm a Regular

Re: Anyplace TV App

I recently bought an LG smart TV and tried the Rogers Anyplace TV on it but it doesn't work it says there's an network error (99) network not connected but I know for sure my TV in connected to the Internet,any ideas what might be wrong?

thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

@Tmothy12

If the 8642s are running SARA, you will not be able to program them using the Anyplace TV  app.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jayzino: There were issues with AnyPlace on Wednesday for some people.  I couldn't get on with my iPad, or with my Web browser on my computer.  It seems to be working this morning.  Have you tried connecting using a browser on a computer, or an app on a tablet or phone?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Anyplace TV App

@Jayzino wrote:

I recently bought an LG smart TV and tried the Rogers Anyplace TV on it but it doesn't work it says there's an network error (99) network not connected but I know for sure my TV in connected to the Internet,any ideas what might be wrong?

thanks

Very interesting. I have a Samsung UN50F6300AF Smart TV and I just tried that and it worked.  I scheduled a recording and everything.  But that's a very time consuming Rube Goldberg way to do it when you're already sitting in front of your TV and can do it the regular way. However, I have a SA8300HD with the SARA interface and perhaps using Navigatr would be even more complicated and stressful.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Regular

@57

It works fine on my tablet.

I'm a Senior Advisor

If there's anything consistent about this app, is that it's inconsistent. The web app was working for me earlier today, but now gives me a Bad Request error. However, it's working fine on my $35 Android tablet.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, I was getting an "Entity Too Large" error trying to post the above reply and after two tries, cleared my Rogers cookies before I could post. Now my web app works. I suspect all the problems stem from how the Rogers website works (or doesn't).