Anyplace TV App & Nextbox 3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Anyplace TV App & Nextbox 3

It would appear that the new Nextbox 3 isn't compatible yet with Rogers Anyplace TV App (iPad/iPhone or Android).  I can use the App to watch movies but not control my PVR.

It would appear the App needs some catching up to do.

Any thoughts anyone?

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

***Edited labels***

Peter
Toronto
Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anyplace TV App & Nextbox 3

There are alot of people on the digitalhome.ca forum who DO have the NB3 working fine on the app.  Did take a day or two for it to show up though.

A few people have had issues getting messages saying "two things are already recording", something left from the 8642 coding, but if you canceled past it, it would allow a 3rd+ to record.

Like my guide search I guess it's worth waiting for..  I hope.

At one stage it said some error and then told me that my PVR was at 101% capacity, actually it's empty so I ignored that.

Hopefully after a few days it will settle in.   I remember it was patchy with my 8642HD too so not surprising.

The App also hates having anything else 'wireless" working anywhere near my router.   I was listening to TV on my cordless headset and it cut out completely when I tried to fire up the App.   The headset uses a separate HF antenna situated near my router and I guess the two clashed.

As I only picked up my second NB3 yesterday, that also probably upset the applecart so to speak.

Thanks  😉

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

cordless headphones, can run anywhere from the 900mhz to the 2.4 range.. so its quite possible that they do.

2.48ghz to be exact, so right you are 😉

Unfortunateky I'm persona non grata at Digitalhome after a disagreement with the site owner, instead of discussing an issue he simply banned me to avoid it.   Bit of an insult to say the least.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
I'm an Advisor

pmcsplaza:

I have endless trouble with that app. It worked sporadically with my old 8300 and it's almost totally useless on my NB 3. After trying for several days to get it to recognize my PVR, it managed to do it exactly once. All my other attempts have failed, usually telling me the PVR is unavailable. Sometimes, it just gives me some kind of meaningless general error message. In another thread, there was discussion about whether or not the app would work with Wi-Fi enabled and the consensus was no. At that time (just several days ago), I tried it with Wi-Fi turned on and got a message telling me to disable it. Once I did, I was able to connect to the app with my cellular connection. That was just before I got the NB 3. I also found out that rebooting my 8300 solved the problem of the app not recognizing it. After I did that, the app worked fine with Wi-Fi turned on and it found my PVR. I have not tried rebooting my NB 3 yet, but the one time the app did work was just before the NB rebooted itself last Sunday. Since then, the app hasn't worked even once. In all the time I've used that app, it has been unreliable and, yes, I do have the latest version. Besides not working most of the time, the app also has other problems, like not showing the Tune your TV page, which allows you to go to any channel in the guide. I've searched absolutely everything and I can't find the option. Another issue is the sign on page. It has a "remember me" option, which is supposed to remember your user ID and password between sign ons, but, guess what? It doesn't work either. When you sign out, the sign in page resets the remember me toggle to off instead of leaving it on, and resets your user ID and password fields to blanks.

I know it's very temperamental and I really don't rely on it too much.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
I'm an Advisor

For me, it's more of a nice to have. The only time I use it is if I'm out somewhere and forgot to record something, then it comes in handy. I just tried fixing it by rebooting my NB 3, but it didn't help. Still get PVR unavailable and noticed that I don't even get the programming guide (the page is blank) I even played around with giving the PVR a name and telling the app to use it, but that didn't make any difference either. I deleted the app from my iPhone, then resynced it with iTunes to reload the app onto my phone. No dice.

One interesing thing I noticed while playing around was the NB front display showed dnld at around 4:45pm, which I took to mean it was downloading something, possibly guide data. I wonder if this is different from the NB 2, where people are always getting reboots around 2am and many of them have said it's because of updating the guide. It's the first time I noticed dnld in the display, which was probably just a coincidence that I was looking at it. My NB hasn't actually rebooted in its first 8 days, except for one strange occurrence last Sunday, plus I rebooted it myself this afternoon.

Well good luck 😉   Mine is working now - for how long nobody knows.

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Mine works perfect on my Ipad and my Iphone with NB3

Steve