Any 4K PVR Pics Or Downloadable Instructions Available Online?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Any 4K PVR Pics Or Downloadable Instructions Available Online?

Yes, I'm going to wait to go 4K with the actual Rogers box as their offerings are so slim and, not being much of a sports fan, the novelty of watching a game in 4K will wear off in about 5 minutes flat I would imagine.   I'll stick with my Nextbox 3 for now and see what they offer in future.   The TV I'm getting will upscale everything anyway and my BR player is already UHD.

My building has just been wired up for Bell Fibe too - so I may switch but no intentions of doing that at this moment.

We shall see what they offer.

Their website is even worse for getting information on the boxes btw!!

Peter
Toronto
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pmcsplaza wrote:

So from what I've read here and in other threads, this box does not have 2 HDMI out ports on the rear panel.

What a shame.   That means, when I get my UHD TV, I'm going to have to use the processing power of my Oppo UDP-203's HDMI - In port, in order to carry video to the TV and sound to my old, but too expensive to replace, saudio/video system.   So the Oppo will have to be on most of the time, unless I'm listening to another sound source.

2 remotes needed, darn it.

The people that design these boxes are certainly minimalists.

(P.S. sorry about reviving an old thread).

@pmcsplaza just do HDMI direct to the TV, and use optical out for 5.1 to your receiver. Everything over cable is compressed 5.1 so optical will work fine for audio.

Yes that's an option I suppose, thanks.

Peter
Toronto
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Exactly, I'd forgotten that one.

Peter
Toronto