Alert Ready

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Alert Ready

I do NOT believe that Rogers (or others) have been ordered by anyone to carry the message constantly for hours, such that the viewer's only remedy is to shut the TV off. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BrainXYZ

Then I guess you missed the CRTC that it's mandatory to have it. They control how many times and what sound and banner. Contact them..
I'm a Regular

I agree about the loudness of the alert and how slow it was in scrolling the message, and most of the other points raised.

Some people are also compaining about the number of times the alert came on.

I can see the reason for this.  The CTRC can not be sure that the whole TV watching commnunity saw the first one, as many pople may have not been watching TV at that time.  You also want to reach the viewers that tune in later.  To do this you have to repeat the message, perhaps even several time as they did.

I've Been Here Awhile

We need to have an escape. We need to be able to shut it off once we have seen the message. Also, an alert should be restricted to a 30 mile radius of the event, not the entire province.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You CAN turn it off.. at least on the full rogers boxes.

You can press EXIT to clear the allert.

(not sure on the DTAs)

I'm a Senior Advisor

I could not turn it off pressing Exit on my 8300 with SARA and there was no such prompt. But at least it didn't take up the whole lower half of the screen, just a banner near the top.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

YEah, appears navigatr you can exit from

SARA you cant

DTA's it changes the channel.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interestingly from reading elsewhere..

Even Over the Air, has the notices.

With obviously no way to remove them from there either.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a NB3 and the alert that said "press exit" DID go away when I pressed exit, but there was no way to get rid of the robotic voice.  I think the exit button is permanently imprinted into my thumb Smiley Frustrated

I Plan to Stick Around

Topic Stats