Alert Ready

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Alert Ready

Call the originator of the alert and complain.
The wait times for rogers tech support are 90 minutes long there must be a lot of annoyed viewers. I know I am extremely annoyed. If I get another of these I will cancel my ROgers cable entirely.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@dogface It's not Rogers, it's all TV in Ontario, mandated by the CRTC. But yes, the alarm sound needs to be fixed.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

This is beyond reason.

It ruined an entire evening of R&R for us. it went on for about 45 minute sor an hour.

I got the message the first time and it was for something that is in a different city an hour and a half away

I don't pay $130 a month for this.

Netflix was not affected.

Call the originator of the alert and complain.

The wait times for rogers tech support are 90 minutes long there must be a lot of annoyed viewers.

I know I am extremely annoyed.

Unless there is a way to supress these I will cancel my Rogers cable entirely.

I Plan to Stick Around

Seriously people need to calm down a child was missing that's serious as well as any alert. Get over yourself and be thankful the child was found safe.

Just imagine how you'd feel if it didn't end well after the alert and all you could think of was a sound and alert interrupted your night.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to point out, this was mandated in 2014 by the CRTC.  Here's the link. 

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-444.htm

If you have any strenuous objection to the system, then, you should be taking that up with the CRTC, not with Rogers, Bell, Telus, Shaw and others.  Every company is subject to the same regulations.

I Plan to Stick Around

Seriously AccordXTC I have no clue how bombarding me all evening with alerts and annoying interruptions when I am 150 miles away and home for the night is going to help anyone. Once is enough, continuously bombarding me with the alert is not helping anyone.
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't care. CRTC is famously unresponsive and indifferent. If I can't shut it off after the first alert I'll cancel my cable
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dogface

Go ahead and cancel but don't complain if your child or family member goes missing and people like your self complain about a sound on their tv.... The CRTC did this for a reason and yes maybe the alert sound is not as good but I honestly have no pitty on people coming here complaining about it and make G excuses that some ears are hurting and some others family members are hurt because of it.

Again this was told by the CRTC the sound will stay either u guys like it or not. Don't complain about Rogers when it's the CRTC.
I Plan to Stick Around

Seriously dogface do us all a favor and stop with the idol threats. You want to cancel do it stop with the complaining. You don't like it be a cord cutter. Seriously if dogface post again I'm gonna stomp my feet and throw a fit like a baby.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordXTC

I would have worded a bit differently but you got it. Honestly I'm actually sick of seeing people complaining about it. The sound I understand but they also don't understand as they ARE NOT involved and don't have to deal with it. I said what I wanted to say
Topic Stats