Alert Ready

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Alert Ready

Agreed, no one should have to reboot to make it go away.  That has to be fixed.

On the nexboxes running RTN.. it DOES go away on its own, by the end of the full period of time.. (alerts stop, they stop poping up)
Each alert durring the period, I beleive, goes away after 30 seconds or so of showing the screen.

EXIT, is just a way to make that individual one go away quicker.

I'm a Regular

How long be the alert alarm last? It became disrupting as it interrupted the program every 10 min!
I've Been Around

How can I turn this system off? I've been getting the same warning every 2 mins for 40 mins now...I get that it's important but the warning is for an amber alet that is 7 hrs from me. ...rediculous!  The exit button on my remote will not turn it off, which is dumb. Please help

I've Been Around

The same here!!! Turning off the cable TV, that I am paying for it, to stop getting a message from another city... Doesn't make sense for me that need to show 100x...
I've Been Here Awhile

How do you turn off the amber alert? It's been going off for over 30min. I've read it and have no info to help so I should be able to turn it off.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for taking the sound off, it was extreamly loud, the banner alone is really all they need anyway.
I'm a Senior Advisor

This thread is a year old and tonight is the very first time I've seen and heard this. I was watching a show recorded earlier and at first thought it was on the recording, but it's not, it's on the whole cable network coming through my PVR, whether it's showing the Guide or List of recordings or live TV.  I see no way to turn it off. The red banner with text is annoying, but the siren really sucks because it blocks out the audio. At least when watching recorded material (the only way I watch TV) you can pause and skip back when the racket is going on so you don't miss anything.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

soldbyjohn wrote:
Thank you for taking the sound off, it was extreamly loud, the banner alone is really all they need anyway.

Nobody "took" the sound off. It comes back every time the message repeats.

I've Been Here Awhile

The sound is gone on mine, just the message plays over and over.
I'm a Senior Advisor

I just got it watching the last half of a recorded show and the message repeated about 3 times with the sound at the beginning each time.

Topic Stats