Alert Ready

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Alert Ready

Rebooting the box stopped it for me. Nextbox can dismiss it, couldn't get my other box to until I rebooted it

I've Been Here Awhile

I just rebooted and no more warnings.  Thanks so much.

I'm a Regular

The alert says updated or ended by 7:30, it is now 8:45.  Is there no way to turn it off.  The alerts and watches have long LONG since ended.  For crying out loud someone get on the ball and turn it off.

I'm a Senior Advisor

You have to appreciate that the weather service plays very safe in issuing these alerts and warnings for fear of ever being accused of not warning us if a tornado strikes.

I guess these alerts must be regional. Where? I haven't seen any in the Woodstock area.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Good idea to have alerts but who ever put this together is an idiot. Was not not thought out very well and ends up being very annoying. I could not cancel the warning on my standard def. box but was able to cancel on my high def. box. Called Rogers and had them reset my SD box and that got rid of the warning. My SD box is very old, maybe it's not compatible. I am upgrading today. Maybe that is the problem.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Fwiw Bell is also replacing some satellite receivers as they are too old to process the alerts correctly.  I think that every cable and satellite provider is having issues with older equipment not processing the alert messages correctly.  That shouldn't come as a complete surprise.  You can only run devices for so long before their capability is overtaken by added tasks for which they were never designed for.

I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR, The Warning was for Lambton county and western Middlesex county.
The warning was issued at 6:19pm and ended at 6:38pm
Here in London I had the warning in my TV from 6:20 until 9:20pm.

There was nothing I could do to turn off the warning. Actually, I didn't know I even could!
But I did try rebooting my SD boxes (different models; including the newest one), and the alert was still there after rebooting.
A call into Rogers CS was useless. They passed the buck and said they couldn't do anything as they didn't control it.
My bad luck... I seem to keep getting CS reps that don't know what they are talking about :\

I'm a Senior Advisor

There definitely needs to be a mechanism for turning this off other than shutting the box down for an hour or two. Would you want a smoke detector or car alarm you couldn't turn off after it has done its job?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Any of the RTN boxes (4642, 8642, 9865) you should be able to hit EXIT..  May keep poping up durring the period, but should be able to clear off the screen.

I would GUESS the SARA ones are suposed to be the same?  the SARA guide should be the same between the PVR and SD box models.. so should be clearable the same.

I wonder if the people who can not clear.. are using DTA;s?

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know about the DTA's, but I have a E940 and a E1840 and I was unable to get it to stop on either of them.
I also have a 4642, but it wasn't on and I didn't bother trying it (maybe I will next time). But I read above that someone was able to get their Nextbox to stop only by rebooting (assuming 4642).

Bottom line is no one should have to reboot their box to get an alert to stop.
No one should have to press an exit button to make it stop.
No one should have to do anything...

When the warning is over it stops automaticly and doesn't carry on for 3 <bleeping> hours!

Topic Stats