Alert Ready

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Alert Ready

Hi - is there any way to turn off Alert Ready (Cable), at least the audible portion, after hearing it for a period of time.  I am not sure that the audbile alarm is needed to remind me of something after the first dozen times - it is however giving me an aneurysm to the point I've turned off my cable and am watching a streaming service so I don't have to listen to it.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @garja08,

Welcome to the Community! 

Unfortunately the alerts cannot be disabled. 

Thanks Smiley Happy 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Very annoying,! Extremely annoying! Outright stupid!
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

@Danieldupont,

It's beyond our control. All television service distributors are participating in the national public alerting system. The messages are intended to inform and protect the public in the event of an emergency. 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Totally useful service but an alert going on every 2 minutes for an hour is just a little too much. This is a ridiculous over exaggeration. Rogers should control the amount of time this goes on or at least give it's subscribers a credit for lost of usage. Every time the stupid alert goes on we miss part of the program we are watching. I am not even in the area targeted by these alerts!
I've Been Here Awhile

Agreed, useful service, terrible implementation

I've Been Here Awhile

I wonder how long this will be going on?
I've Been Here Awhile

We get it...bad weather is coming. Rogers can push notifications to individual sets but I can't turn this off after I know about it. There is a pay per view tonight. Is Rogers going charge me $50 to watch a weather warning?
I've Been Here Awhile

Okay, the Alert system works.  One side effect:  it is horribly annoying!!!

The banner is fine.  What is beyond annoying is the alert sound that is broadcast at full volume every two minutes!  It renders the TV completely unusable.

This has been going on at least two hours.  We are not in the path of any storms or tornados at the moment.   How about you just put the banner on the screen, and mute the damned sound!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

We've been listening to it every 30 seconds for the past 4 hours. The news is saying the tornado warning has been lifted. PLEASE stop the warnings. This is nuts
Topic Stats