Alert Ready

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Alert Ready

@Ed28 What is the make/model of your Rogers Box? Normally hitting the exit key on the remote for most boxes will end the alert and you're returned to your channel.  There should be no need for a reboot. (some older boxes do not respond to the exit key press)

I've Been Around

I always receive 2 Amber Alerts. The first one is always in English and the second is English and French. Usually a half hour or more apart. I am not here to complain about receiving these alerts but once is enough especially in the middle of the night. The second one usually comes right as I am falling back to sleep. Does anyone else have this experience and what can I do to only receive the first English message? My wife and kids are in the same Rogers plan but only I receive 2 alerts.

I've Been Here Awhile

Xi6-T model - TX061AEI
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Cable companies and ISPs have no control over the look and sound of the alerts.  They are governed by a separate document.  As for the times of the alerts, cable companies and ISPs also have no control over the time of day that the alerts are raised and promulgated to the public, and no control over the number of times that they are broadcast.  

Just to note, the issue of the alerts has been raised several times previously.  Only recourse I suspect is to complain to your member of parliament.  I don't believe that will result in any action unless there are a significant number of complaints to the various MPs.

Just to note, the alerts themselves are also a technical issue and challenge, as companies have had to come up with solutions that result in older equipment receiving and displaying the alerts.    Much of the equipment in use today by average consumers is much older than the creation date of the alert system, so, having to shoehorn the alert system onto older generation equipment can cause less than optimal results.

Fwiw ......

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Like the recent poster.. I received them on my IGNITE box as well.
This was a different one than what we got last time on it.

Prior, was able to hit exit and would allow to clear the message.

This time, it did take over the whole box as stated by the other user.  Was not able to do anything while it was up.  Full screen red background with white text and text to speech voice reading it out.

Our box did recover though afterwards.  It was playing a recording when it came up, and had dropped us back to the recordings screen (where you choose what you have recorded)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ed28 wrote:
Xi6-T model - TX061AEI

It is really sad if the Ignite service doesn't allow you to "exit" from the alert.  My 9865 and 4290 boxes on digital cable allow me to hit exit and end the klaxon and alert.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ed28 wrote: I tried to turn down the volume a bit and found my remote was completely disabled. 

If the remote is directly controlling the volume on your TV or AVR, then the volume control should work. If the remote is controlling the volume via the STB, then that may be "frozen out".