cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding and deleting older digital boxes like SA3250HD, 4250HD, 8300HD

wayner92
I'm a reliable contributor

Through the years I have purchased many digital TV boxes - these were probably all a decade or more ago.  Boxes such as SA33200s, SA3250HDs, SA4250HDs and SA8300HDs.  I have had about 10 or boxes on my account and some of these boxes have now died, and I would like to remove them from my account.  I have recently purchased some additional used boxes from this vintage to add to my account.  In case you are wondering why I have these older boxes - I connect these to a media server and use a Hauppauge HD-PVR capture device to record the content onto a PC.

In the past I could swear that you could add and delete boxes via the web portal and that you could actually see an inventory of all of your boxes.  Now all that I can see on the TV dashboard page (https://www.rogers.com/web/totes/#/tvdashboard) is a link to reset digital boxes or digital PINs and a dropdown box that says My Digital Box(es).

When I click on the dropdown arrow for My Digital Box(es) I see six entries that say "HDTV Digital Terminal Purchase", and when I click on any of these it shows an image of a cable box with 4250 in the LED window.  I also see thee entries for "HD PVR Digital Terminal Purchase", but when you click on these I just see kind of a shadowed out TV - it seems like an image link is broken. 

How do I manage the boxes that are in my account by adding and deleting.  I can call but reading out nine serial numbers is going to be kind of painful.  Is there a way to actually see the serial numbers of the boxes that are attached to my account?  I just dread making a phone call about this as I know it will be painful.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding and deleting older digital boxes like SA3250HD, 4250HD, 8300HD

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, I don't see any serial numbers on my account either.  You may wish to consider PMing the mods on this forum to see if you can PM them the Serial Numbers to add/delete.  See link below on how to PM.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/How-to-send-a-Private-Message/ba-p/487946

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, I don't see any serial numbers on my account either.  You may wish to consider PMing the mods on this forum to see if you can PM them the Serial Numbers to add/delete.  See link below on how to PM.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/How-to-send-a-Private-Message/ba-p/487946

wayner92
I'm a reliable contributor

Thanks 57.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Whenever I've added/deleted a box, I always called in. I'm not sure if it's possible to add "blindly."  The Rogers rep may need to "see" the boxes you wish to add through the co-ax connection.  Deleting shouldn't be a problem since the box wouldn't be connected necessarily.  Let us know how it goes.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation