ANNOUCEMENT! - Please order your DTA's for your analog TV's by MAY 15th!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: ANNOUCEMENT! - Please order your DTA's for your analog TV's by MAY 15th!

Well now after several attempts, it is working, sort of.  It only gets channel "Your World This Week" whatever number that is and the remote channel up down or number buttons wont change channels at all, that is very weird.  I've tried re-authorising, rebooting etc.

The batteries are new and the remote works only to turn off the TV and back on again.  Doesn't do anything with the DTA50.

Peter
Toronto
Retired Moderator RogersAdam
Retired Moderator

Hi Peter,

Are you able to change the channels by inputing the channel numbers? It sounds to me like the remote itself might be defective, and would need to get swapped.

None of the buttons that would initiate anything in the way of a reaction from the DTA50 work.

I've seen similar reports online both here and in the US.  Will swap the remote when I get a chance.

Thanks ;-)

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Senior Advisor

In my case I have a TV that couldn't be fully programmed to the DTA remote (I actually have 2 like that) and when I ended up with fewer functions trying different codes, than I had on the first attempt and couldn't reset it to default, Rogers said to take it back to the store. I did and they replaced it with a brand new one.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Exchanged everything and got a new one from one of my local Rogers stores.   It works well - smaller remote too so I suspect it's a later manufacture date.  Not too impressed with the picture, but as it's there only as a standby input to my system should the main HD service go down, I'm not complaining.   I guess all this HD has spoiled me.

It even pulls in the lobby cam for my apartment building on ch's 59, 67 and the one I normally use with my HD box, 988.

So my issue is settled.   Thanks everyone who helped.

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Senior Advisor

I notice that URC now shows a different remote.

Is this it?

No, that isn't it, no model number shown on it anywhere so would have to do some research.  I'd post a pic but I don't see how to here.

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Senior Advisor

There is an Insert/edit Image icon along the top of your editor. You can insert an image from your computer or the Internet.

Not in my editor there isn't.  Only Insert Spoiler, Tag, Code, Emoticon, or Link. The remote is simply a smaller version of the original remote.    Same buttons etc.

Peter
Toronto

I see no Insert/edit Image icon along the top of the editor. Perhaps it is a perk given to REs!

As for the remote that pmcplaza might have, it could be this one. 

http://www.urcsupport.com/images/uploaded_images/Rogers_DTA_200x600lg.png