ANNOUCEMENT! - Please order your DTA's for your analog TV's by MAY 15th!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ANNOUCEMENT! - Please order your DTA's for your analog TV's by MAY 15th!

The following was posted inside my current Rogers Bill.

Key points are:

•  All Analog will be completely cut off by May 15th
  • Digital Adapters are only available to order by MAY 15th as well!

So, from the sounds of it.. unless any stores have any kicking around... AFTER may 15th, if you need one, you will have to order/buy a full digital box of some form.

If you're currently watching a TV directly connected to a cable outlet (NO digital box or digital adapter), you'll need a digital
solution to keep getting service on that TV. Our Cable TV network enhancement program has been converting existing TV
analog signals to digital, and will conclude by May 15, 2015. All channels will have been converted to digital by that date
In addition, beginning March 31, 2015 Rogers will participate in the National Public Alerting System. A digital box or
digital adapter will be required to ensure that you can see emergency alert messages on all television channels. If you have
already ordered and connected a digital box or free rental digital adapter, then no further action is required. Digital adapters
are only available until May 15, 2015. To order, or if you have questions, please visit rogers.com/digitaladapter or call us at
1- 800-530-4034.
Digital adapters are provided to you to use while you subscribe to Rogers cable TV services for each analog outlet attributable
to your services in our system and remain our property. If you require any additional outlet(s) and digital adapter(s), then a
monthly additional outlet fee of $7.49 (plus taxes) will apply. Additional installation services and related fees may also apply.
If any digital adapter is lost, stolen, damaged or not returned to us upon cancellation of your Rogers cable TV service, then
you will be charged $40 (plus taxes) for the retail value of the digital adapter.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: ANNOUCEMENT! - Please order your DTA's for your analog TV's by MAY 15th!

I presume this was in your Rogers Bill either by email of on-line. I have Rogers Cable paid via automatic bank deduction and Pay-As-You-Go phone and only see 2 new bills a year, when there's an increase in the Cable. I found I needed a DTA a year ago when Speed disappeared from analog and I called Rogers. Apparently I hadn't seen the fine print at the bottom of my Rogers bill.

Many customers still don't know about these, probably because they don't study the fine print.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This may be in the 'messages' thing on the online bill.. not sure.

When i got the notification of my bill being due, i log in, and open the PDF version.
(essentially the PRINTED bill version).

It was below the charges for the TV section.

But you are right.. most people just look at the $$ value.. and if its right (or close enough), pay it and move on.

I read EVERY line, every detail.
But this way, i have found mistakes right away and had them corrected (not finding them 6 months later), and as well know exactly what i am paying for what.. so know if its a good deal to switch a service or not Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I got a DTA thinking it would allow me analog TV via a Cable splitter should main digital serviuce go down, which it is wont to do on occasion.

I can't get the darn thing to work.  Have authorised it a dozen times, unplugged/replugged even more often and all I get is a blurb toi the effect "service not available" and a "1CNC" in the bottom right corner.

Now it does say it should be plugged directly into the wall socket and mine isn't (it can't) so how pernickety are these things signal-wise anyway?

I know they atre free so it really doesn't matter as I do have my Nextbox 3 working fine....but......

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Senior Advisor

I authorized a couple of them just by calling the number on the screen. It might take 10 minutes or so. "Must be plugged directly into the wall" is absolute baloney. I don't have any cable wall sockets in my house. I have cables coming out of the floor by the baseboard, or hanging down from the drop ceiling in the basement.

What you do need is a proper splitter (or splitters).  It has to be at least 900MHz and allow 2-way communication. They are now called digital cable splitters. Don't get a satellite splitter because they're different. If you're not sure, go to a Rogers store and they should give you the right item.  When I've had Rogers techs to the house for poor signal problems, they've always replaced any suspect splitters or connectors for free.

Hmm, well all the splitters in my apartment are provided by Rogers so should work.

I don't have the time nor the patiance to pratt around with their equipment so will stick it in its box and shove it in the closet.

I get 1 clear channel....my building's lobbycam on cable 59 without the DTA in place, which is all I normally need, so will have to hope that digital doesn't crash.

Peter
Toronto
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I need to remind myself to jump on this asap and pickup one for my parents before the deadline

@OLDYELLR wrote:

"Must be plugged directly into the wall" is absolute baloney. I don't have any cable wall sockets in my house. I have cables coming out of the floor by the baseboard, or hanging down from the drop ceiling in the basement.

When they say plugged directly into the wall, they mean the electrical outlet, not the cable itself. They say the same thing about their modems too - plug directly into a wall outlet as opposed to something like a power bar. I do agree it is baloney though. Our modem and all of our digital boxes are plugged into power bars and we have never had a problem. It just seems like something they want to tell you to waste your time when you call customer support because you have an issue with their equipment. When I have had modem issues, I have frquently been asked if it is plugged directly into a wall outlet and have learned to always make sure to tell them it is! LOL.

I also agree that there is no excuse whatsoever for anyone who has not yet ordered a DTA. We were first notified about these about 2 years ago. The info was on our bills and on MyRogers when looking at our info. Anyone who has not yet ordered a DTA has no one but themselves to blame!

However, I do have an issue with DTAs not being available after May 15. What happens to customers who wish to cut back on their Cable and trade in a digital box for a DTA? What happens to customers who have a DTA and for one reason or another, they need a replacement? What about customers who have one TV with a DTA and decide to add a second TV and need another DTA? Are all of these people going to be out of luck after May15? This does not seem right!

It sounds to me like Rogers no longer wants to provide "free" equipment. After May 15, the only option available seems to be a digital box that customers will either have to purchase or rent. It would not surprise me either if Rogers begins to implement a rental charge to all current customers who have a DTA.

Well mine is simply a paperweight, for now at least.  Until I can arrange fewer splitters between it and the main apartment input.

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Senior Advisor

Which brings up the question, if you have a DTA, but not yet installed, does it have to be installed before May 15?