ANNOUCEMENT! - Please order your DTA's for your analog TV's by MAY 15th!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: ANNOUCEMENT! - Please order your DTA's for your analog TV's by MAY 15th!

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

I see no Insert/edit Image icon along the top of the editor. Perhaps it is a perk given to REs!

As for the remote that pmcplaza might have, it could be this one. 

http://www.urcsupport.com/images/uploaded_images/Rogers_DTA_200x600lg.png

That's the one.   Glad I'm not the only one not seeing an insert image button.

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets The link you posted is the old DTA remote that I have. @pmcsplaza mentioned an even smaller one. But who knows? Maybe there are several different ones out there. I also found out  the regular PVR remote will work (somewhat) when the grandkids lost the regular one.

I still can't get my head around Rogers supplying any more free  DTAs after May 15th. Would new customers and those who procrastinated have to get STBs to watch any cable channels? Maybe Rogers will have the HD DTA at a nominal charge so customers can get a taste of HD and upgrade.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

(I have an image one, just after the link.)

Interesting other remote though.
Its a toned down version of a full one.. doesnt have the play/ff, etc.. so wouldnt go with a PVR.
But has the guide, etc buttons.. so more than just a DTA remote.

Could see it as a NEW basic SD or HD only box remote?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

I see no Insert/edit Image icon along the top of the editor. Perhaps it is a perk given to REs!

Who knows. This is what I have:

Clipboard02.jpg

It's the icon with the mountain.

Highlighted

I guess there ain't no mountain high enough....for the likes of us at least LOL

I think maybe one needs X number of posts before it appears?

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't know that there is any hierarchy connected to the number of posts. Anyway, linking to images works just fine.

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@JohhnyRockets The link you posted is the old DTA remote that I have. @pmcsplaza mentioned an even smaller one. But who knows? 

Yes, but pmcplaza also stated that the link I provided was the correct one for the remote that he had.

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I still can't get my head around Rogers supplying any more free  DTAs after May 15th. Would new customers and those who procrastinated have to get STBs to watch any cable channels? Maybe Rogers will have the HD DTA at a nominal charge so customers can get a taste of HD and upgrade.

Nor I! As I said in a previous post, there is no excuse for not having arranged to get one of these, but to discontinue them only tells me that Rogers is looking for a rental based unit only. There is no logical reason to discontinue the DTAs.

I rent a home every winter in Florida. The cable down there is with Comcast. The owner has HD DTAs on all of the bedroom TVs and they work great. They get all of the channels that the regular HD digital box in the living room gets. They do not have the same bells and whistles such as a guide, but just to get the HD picture is truly a treat. My take is that Rogers will never provide these, even though they are available through Cisco! Smiley Sad

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Who knows. This is what I have:

It's the icon with the mountain.

As pmcplaza stated, us regular plebes on here have no mountain to climb! I suspect that it is a perk only given to REs!

@Gdkitty wrote:

(I have an image one, just after the link.)

Interesting other remote though.
Its a toned down version of a full one.. doesnt have the play/ff, etc.. so wouldnt go with a PVR.
But has the guide, etc buttons.. so more than just a DTA remote.

Could see it as a NEW basic SD or HD only box remote?

I really am not sure what you are saying here! There now seems to be two remotes for the DTAs. The link I posted is for the older one but it now seems that there is a newer one posted in the photo by OLDYELLR. Which one do you have?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was talking of the image he posted.

Your link, is/was to the standard one for the DTA (well, i think there are two.. one is larger and smaller.. but look the same).

That i know of, the one image posted, is not CURRENTLY released.. but is on the URC site.

Just commenting on what maybe it possibly could be used for... as its MORE than what a DTA has useage for. (cant use the guide, etc)

OK - thanks. I do realize that there were two versions of the original remote that were issued for the DTA. The smaller one came standard, but you could request the larger one as well. These were both Delta and are both still listed here. The photo posted by OLDYELLR is the Pulse RF. I agree that it seems to have features like the guide button which would have no use at all on a DTA. It is the first time I have seen that one and have no idea what boxes it might come with. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Maybe the Cisco DTA170HD will replace the DTA50.