AMI set up

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

AMI set up

We have a AMI box and a large button remote that we have just received from Rogers.  We have tried many times to set up the AMI so that it is always on.  i.e. that when a descriptive TV program is available that it automatically plays in the descriptive mode.  Does anyone know how to set it up to have it permanently on?  I am asking for my brother in law who is completely blind, he cannot see at all, lives alone and we are trying to make his tv watching as easy as possible.

***Edited labels***

I'm stuck again and can't get out of trouble...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: AMI set up

Let me take a look at home this evening... but that i KNOW of.. i dont think it can be always on 😞

Would be nice, even if on a channel by channel basiss... that it RETAINED those settings between turning it on/off

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re reading..

Question...

Is this a specific AMI 3rd party box, which they displays the descriptive video? (Past whatever rogers box you have)

or are we talking of descriptive video purely through the rogers box?

I've Been Here Awhile

Our understanding from Rogers is that special box that was installed on the day we ordered cable was to access any descriptive tv programs offered.   This is not just for videos or that was not our intent. 

We have had a technician come back to change the box because when we were there to set up his tv,and while talking to someone from Rogers we did not have the part on the menu we were to go to to do the set up.   He thought we did 

N

ot have the correct box.   The Rogers tech told us that when they were bringing in the new box they would set it up and explain to my brother in law how to use it.   My brother in law doesn't express himself very well, he is blind and we couldn't be there when they came.   Well needless to say they did not understand each other and nothing more than a new box was left,  this is where we are at now hence my question. 

Thanks for trying to help. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Unfortunatly, we're not quite sure what an "ami" box is....we've never heard of it before. 

Is there any branding on the box?  A company name?  Is there a model number or any information like that on the back or bottom?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You learn something new every day 🙂

Looks like, they provide you an SD box (so likely the 920?) with a special large button remote.

The instructions they say are:

How to Activate Described Video
The DV audio feed needs to be turned on to hear the DV soundtrack. For analog television, DV is accessed through the SAP Language feature on your television.
For digital cable customers, DV is accessed through the Audio menu (by selecting DV English or DV French) in the Quick Settings menu of the interactive Program Guide (IPG).
You can also activate the DV audio feed, via General Settings/Audio. This ‘set-and-forget’ function lets a customer tune to a channel with described programming and automatically receive the DV audio for a described program - and the main audio for all other programs that are not described

I've Been Here Awhile

On the audio otion he does not have described video as a function. Does he have the wrong box? On my personal rogers digital cable I do have under audio the described video option.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. now that i THINK of it..
the instructions.. SEEM to sound like, its the instructions for it.. under the NEW guide..

When the box they SAY they give the user, is an SD box.. which wouldnt have the new guide...

Lets start at the begining here. 
Which exact model box did they give him?

From there, we can see WHAT guide it has.. and then see if there is another user with that box, or at least on the same guide, to double check where it is.