ALL channels have disappeared??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

ALL channels have disappeared??

Hi.  I’m in Toronto. My Nextbox 9865HD has been showing nothing but ROD1 (ch. 115).  When I hit the guide, I have access to only Rogers On Demand channels  - ROD1 to ROD5 and 65535.

I have tried a soft boot several times, I have tried a hard boot several times.  Rogers Technical Support verifies this also the only things they see as well.  When you go to channel setup, whether you subscribe to a channel or not, you should see a list of all channels; I don’t, I only see the ROD channels.

Tech Support and I can’t figure out if this is a set-top box issue or a infrastructure issue on Rogers’ side.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for any hints or suggestions.

***Added Labels***

Highlighted

Re: ALL channels have disappeared??

Hello @Techguy666,

Welcome to the Community!

When did you first notice this issue? Have you made any account changes recently? I realize you've already spoken to tech support about this but did they schedule a tech visit or open up a ticket?

If you have more than one set top box, can you confirm if you're seeing the issue on all of them?

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Technician is scheduled.  Just curious - can a hard drive issue cause a signal or connection problem?  Popping out the drive, doing a sector repair, and popping back the drive triggered a reformat and suddenly the box started working again... Programs started becoming available and the guide started populating.  If it was a hard drive issue, I’m wondering why two of the three technicians saw signal issues... I wonder if encoding or system information is stored on the drive??

Highlighted

Hello, @Techguy666.

It's good to know that the tech visit scheduled for you. When there is an issue with the hard drive, the Nextbox will usually have a hard time rebooting. In this case, you were able to soft and hard reboot it. I believe this is why tech support was not able to isolate the issue to the box. And most likely, they saw an issue with the 2-way signal; hence, they arranged the tech visit. 

@57 can shed more light on this matter. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have a hard drive issue, you can usually hear a "clicking" sound as the "seeks" don't work properly.  Also, there is usually a difference between live TV (which works) and recordings (which may or may not, depending on how bad the signal is and which channel, as signal can vary by channel.

A signal problem will affect both live viewing and recordings in a similar manner, also rebooting may be an issue.