8642HD stops responding during CBC show playback

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

8642HD stops responding during CBC show playback

Ok, so this is a very weird issue that we are having...

When we are watching a CBC show such as X Company or Ascension that we have recorded the box will stop responding while we try to fast-forward.  The show will play just fine if we don't try to fast-forward (or rewind) but if we do the box will continue to fast-forward despite hitting play.  The minute that the show is at will also stop updating.  Eventually it will stop and start playing fine again but if we try to put the show back to the right spot it will do the same thing.  It is very annoying.  We own the box so exchanging it isn't an option.  Without rebooting or powering off we can move on to another show that was recording from another channel the box is just fine.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  I am located in Toronto.

Bullzie

***Labels Edited***

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Re: 8642HD stops responding during CBC show playback

Hi @bullzie ,

I haven’t heard of this issue happening to this extent. Smiley Sad

I know personally if I "fast forward" a program on my Next Box at the top speed, it takes a moment to register when I hit play. So I would have probably missed 30 seconds to a minute of what I was looking to see. Then I would have to go back at a slower speed to catch the actual moment in the show I was looking for. This happens regardless of channel.

What is weird in your case is that it is happening only on CBC.

Has anyone else in the community had this issue or experience before?

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 8642HD stops responding during CBC show playback

It drives us nuts.  The picture will freeze and the fast-forward (or rewind) progress bar is shown although the minute indicator will stop updating.  It doesn't matter how fast we are fast-forwarding.  It's like CBC has found a diabolical solution to prevent skipping commercials with watching PVRd programs of theirs.

We have pondered going to the 3.0 box but are concerned that it won't fix the issue - plus the cost of the box.

Bullzie