8642HD really SLOW - is this normal?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 8642HD really SLOW - is this normal?

Thanks GD, 

sounds good. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good luck! hopefully they can do something for you.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

my pvr is incredibly slow too!!  30 seconds to change chanels.  15 seconds just to get the channel guide up. This is the worst software -- disgusting.  What is the solution????

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it's that slow, there is probably a firmware memory leak. That is usually resolved by rebooting the box.  Settings - scroll up one to Troubleshooting - select reboot.  Make sure you don't reset to factory settings.

Any time that you have issues, a reboot is the first thing to try.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 is right.  Try a re-boot.  That is what is on my agenda for tonight and am hoping that will work.  It has before. Smiley Frustrated

My box has been getting slower by the day.  Today it took over two minutes to set up one recording and that was just waiting for it to show that the recording was scheduled.  In total well over three minutes to set up one measley recording.  To top it off I find out that the episode I set up is one I have already seen.  Smiley Surprised  Needless to say,  I'm not even going to try to delete it until after I reboot my box.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Mine was basically unusable trying to playback recorded material... couldn't even navigate the list menu until I rebooted. There definately seems like they have a memory leak.

This box is really terrible on the new software.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@bergang wrote:

Mine was basically unusable trying to playback recorded material... couldn't even navigate the list menu until I rebooted. There definately seems like they have a memory leak.

This box is really terrible on the new software.

If the people still using the 8642HD (Netbox 2) are renting, upgrage to the Netbox 3.  The performance is much better.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Unfortunatell I own mine.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yeah, I own mine too and for the most part, with a re boot once in awhile, it work just fine for my needs.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My box is owned too so I can't switch it out for a NB3. I wonder if upgrading the HDD to an SSD would speed things up. Anyone know of any mods that can be done to speed it up?