8642HD PVR Constantly Cycling - Video in Comments

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giraffee66
I Plan to Stick Around

8642HD PVR Constantly Cycling - Video in Comments

I searched the forums but could not find anything relating to this.  My 8642HD PVR (which I own) is constantly cycling through numbers from 999 to zero, and then it starts again.  Rebooting does not help.  My other 3 cable boxes are working fine.  Is it fried?  Thanks in advance for your assistance. 

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 8642HD PVR Constantly Cycling - Video in Comments

Suggestions:

1. Move the 8642 to a known working location - where another box is working.

2. Move a working box to the 8642' location to see if that boots OK there.

3. Some boxes require more signal than others to work properly so the above may not be conclusive. Have you checked the signal strength or contacted Rogers to have them check the signal.  See link below:

4. Leave the box unplugged for a minute and try booting again.  Try a 3rd time.  Try a 4th time. If it doesn't work then and if you've contacted Rogers, then it may be fried.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Giraffee66
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, I will try what you suggested and report back! May take a few days. 🙂
stepy2015
I Plan to Stick Around

I cannot remember if this model has a hard drive but if it does I'd bet its dead and simply replacing it may solve the issue however we had a nextbox 3.0 with a dead HDD and it did not refuse to boot, it just prevented us from using playback controls

Giraffee66
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi:

So I did steps 1, 2 and 4 that you suggested.  Swapped out the problematic PVR to another tv with a regular cable box.  PVR did not work in the new location; regular cable box worked in the location where the PVR would not.  I rebooted the PVR 3 more times, but now it just displays -01- and will not power on.  I think it's dead. 😕  Thank you for trying to assist.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That may be, but did you check the signal levels?  As previously mentioned, some boxes require more signal. Did you contact Rogers?