8642 Navigatr Guide Settings is blank

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

8642 Navigatr Guide Settings is blank

My 8642 PVR received the Navigatr firmware today, and my PVR seemed to have got a factory reset, and is displaying a 4:3 ratio picture on the TV. When I press the settings button on the remote, the Settings screen comes up blank. Did the firmware upgrade on the 8642 PVRs go wrong? My other Nextbox which is the 4642HD is fine.

***Edited Labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 8642 Navigatr Guide Settings is blank

yep, me too. PVR is pooched. no recordings, no scheduled recordings, PIN required after each start, new menu is terrible.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@LouB wrote:

My 8642 PVR received the Navigatr firmware today, and my PVR seemed to have got a factory reset, and is displaying a 4:3 ratio picture on the TV. When I press the settings button on the remote, the Settings screen comes up blank. Did the firmware upgrade on the 8642 PVRs go wrong? My other Nextbox which is the 4642HD is fine.

Yeah.. seems like some major issues with the 8642 with the update 😞

Someone on another forum mentioned the 4:3 reset as well.  They WERE able to change it though through settings..

Not sure if they rebooted again, if that allowed them into settings.

I'm Here A Lot

Hello,

I have an older PVR box and ever since the update I am unable to access my settings menu.  My signal going to my TV to my box is only 720p.  I can't even get into the menu to change the settings as the screen goes blank when I hit the settings button.  Also, on certain channels describe video seems to be the default.  I called Rogers and they told me that it was a widespread issue.  Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have the same issue.  Also, the signal to my tv is only 720p instead of 1080i.  I can't get into the settings menu to change it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am guessing you are on a 8642 PVR?

Yeah, its a widespread issue, on that box only 😞

A rogers rep here has said that its being addressed... HOW/WHEN, etc??  they havent said...

I Plan to Stick Around

This is my problem with the Navigatr screw up as well. I didn't have many recordings so I'm not mad about losing them, but not being able to access settings? Unacceptable. Especially when my other problem is the fact that my audio track defaults to DVS (descriptive video) each time I turn on the box, and at random intervals. It's like before the Setting menu disappeared, it made the default DVS, so I can't change it.

Through my various discussions with Rogers "customer service reps" (I put that in quotes becaue their service is laughable) I've been told they're working on a fix, but no one knows when it will be coming down the pipe...and of course, who knwos if it will actually fix all the pronblems, considering everyone's issues are varied. They're supposed to contact me when it is supposedly fixed, so I can see if ti's worked. However I'm pretty sure I jsut got that message, even though nothing's changed. An email today states that: 

"Hello. This is a message from Rogers about your ticket number ---------. 

You contacted us on 07/31/2015 about an issue with your Rogers Cable Television Service service. 

We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience as our technical teams work on a resolution. 

We will keep you informed on the ticket status and will contact you as soon as an update is available. 

Thank you for choosing Rogers. 

Please do not reply to this email. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored mailbox." 

Haha, how laughable. Still no timeframe, even after a week. And no additional info on the website. That's the real kicker to me...they're making it sound like it's a small problem for a few people, so they've been proactive and stopped the roll out. No mention of course that it's actually huge, and they haven't fixed it yet!

I'm Here A Lot

Tell me about it. My patience is going very fast. I am not under a contract, so if i don't get some anwers soon I will be switching to Bell Fibe. It's a great service.
I Plan to Stick Around

At one point, one of the Rogers Helps twitter people told me to "hit exit twice" to fix the Settings menu snaffu.

Yeah, good job guys, it's a huge issue affecting tons of customers, but good job.

And yet again, I was just informed that "If this is only regarding the new update we are working to resolve the matter and you are correct. This is not an isolated issue. If there is anything else you would like assistance with please let me know."

Same line, different day, one more lost customer. Having just got a job working for Bell, I'm going to switch over, regardless of if I get an employee discount or not.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi people,

FYI- Just wanted to let people know the latest I've heard. The Rogers Help twitter account just said that

"There should be another update being pushed out by the 11th. Which should hopefully fix the issues."

It'll be interesting to see if that actually does anything, AND if they let their customers know its' coming, rather than all of us having to figure stuff out on our own and search for answers.

I'm still switching to Bell, but hopefully this will potentially fix other people's problems!