cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k nextbox

user1961
I'm Here A Lot

Every time I turn on my 4K NEXTBOX, I have to go to TV appearance and pick ultraHD TV

and the next time I will turn it on again I will have to go trough the same process.

There is no memory of my settings it always start at 720P.

Any solution?

The 4K NEXTBOX is connected to my AVR that support 4K and then to the 4K TV.

***Edited Labels***

149 REPLIES 149

Re: 4k nextbox

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lear1 :

1. Did you do all the items in the following checklist to ensure that the box is "good"?

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/guidelines-for-selling-and-buying-a-used-rogers-terminal-in-ontar...

2. Did you call Rogers to activate the box once you got it home and before purchase to check to see if Rogers would activate it?

3. Are you connected to a 4K TV. It may be set to 4K output and if you're using it on a TV that's not 4K, you won't see anything on the TV.

4. When you plugged in the box did it say "boot" or show "----" or any number countdown, etc.?  It should only take about 5-10 minutes to boot and then show the time on the display...

lear1
I've Been Here Awhile
I called rogers tech support. They said it was a broken box. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lear1 : I assume you've had a chance to read my previous post 148? 

Don't give up yet. Sometimes a box can be a bit finicky if it hasn't been used in a while.  Do you have another box that you can place at the location of the 4K box recently purchased?  Does that box boot properly at that location? Is the signal good at that location?

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/57-faq-tips-for-sa-cisco-stbs-also-pace.17719/

If that "other" box boots and has a good signal, give the 4K one another few tries to boot... Sometimes they come back. Sometimes they don't.

Did you follow the items outlined in my checklist before purchase?