cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k nextbox

user1961
I'm Here A Lot

Every time I turn on my 4K NEXTBOX, I have to go to TV appearance and pick ultraHD TV

and the next time I will turn it on again I will have to go trough the same process.

There is no memory of my settings it always start at 720P.

Any solution?

The 4K NEXTBOX is connected to my AVR that support 4K and then to the 4K TV.

***Edited Labels***

149 REPLIES 149

Re: 4k nextbox

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't have 4K, so maybe someone who does will chip in on the subject. How far away are you sitting from your 65" TV? I have a Samsung 50" TV and sit about 12 feet from it. At that distance there's not a huge difference between HD and SD and I can't tell the diffrence between 1080i and 720p. Ideally I should be sitting 7-10 feet from the screen to enjoy the full benefit of 1080 resolution.  If something appears on the screen, like a note or a text message on a cellphone, I have to pause and get up closer to read it.  According to this chart, you need to be 6-7 feet from a 65" screen to see the full benefit of 2160p. Of course a lot depends on the focus, lighting and subject matter of the original content.

resolution_chart.jpg

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @caddy26

I have a LG 65inch 4k OLED in my living room and a 55JU6500 in my bedroom. I can see the difference. The TV'S do upscale the 1080i feed to close to 4K but not much. Also the HDMI cables do this trick as well.

My parents have the LG 65 6540 in their home and I see it as well.

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I am growing tired of switching back and forth from our PVR input to our 4k box input and am debating returning the 4k box until Rogers comes out with an all in one 4k PVR.

Any word on when this is happening? In all honesty, the 4k channel(s) look amazing but the lack of content at this stage isn't worth the $12.95/month for the 4k box IMO.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Dimundz88

Last from what i heard was starting of Summer. The manager i spoke to told me that they got a on a conference call and they got told it's going to be pushed back until starting summer. ( So June i believe). He said it was due to the new Navigrt update which they need to perfect before releasing the box

dfarrow5
I've Been Here Awhile

So it looks like this thread kind of got away from what I posted earlier. BUT I did want to share that I have semi-resolved the issue. If I turn off/on my equipment in this sequence, 4K Box>TV>Receiver, it always starts in 4K. I have a Harmony remote that is programmed this way, and it always seems to work.