4k nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 4k nextbox

Just a quick question, bought 4k tv.. interested in 4k box.. does the 4k nextbox come with hdmi 2.0 cable, or does it even support hdmi 2.0.. does the regular programming look "improved" with the 4k nextbox (when it works from what I read lol).. is it even worth the hassle at this current point in time to even bother getting the 4k nextbox, or let the bugs get worked out first.. comments and advice please!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @caddy26

It does support HDMI 2.0. The Rogers HDMI the give u i suppose are HDMI 2.0 but i use the Monster ones so I don't know. Actually when they hooked both 4k boxes they used their HDMI and didn't see a difference

I'm Here A Lot

I think ROGERS should pull the plug on 4K and come back when they are ready to offer a product that is working.

again tonight it is not working properly. I wonder if BELL 4K is working better.

I'm an Advisor

We are still in the VERY early days of 4K content being delivered via cable (or fiber-optic).  Do you remember the early days of getting HD content via cable?...painful!

Give it some time - it will get better.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @user1961

Pull the plug? Really? Do u remember when 1080p came out? It took years for it to fully develop. Take a breather and wait. It takes time for things to work out. Plus I never had a issue tonight with both my 4k boxes. So i don't know maybe it was ur feed but mine was fine.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm starting to get a little annoyed now. I have 5 PVRs that I have purchased and have on my account. I have 2 4K TV and I'm being forced to rent this box at $12.99 a month each. I want to know when I can purchase my 4K PVR because I'm not happy paying $26 a month to rent 2 4K boxes. Bell has 4K PVR already and before I pay $26/month for 2 4K boxes I might as switch and buy the PVRs with Bell. Also the reason I don't have a 3rd 4K TV right now is because I don't want to rent another Rogers 4K non PVR box. If I'm going to spend all this money I might as well spend it on the stuff I want and not be forced to rent a box I don't want. I want a 4K PVR to PURCHASE not rent. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

Unfortunately at this moment the PVR isn't released yet. The PVR 4K box will be released mid April. Also if i am not mistaken will be only on a rental basis until later date when u can purchase it outright.

Bell jusy started doing rental as a couple days ago. It was only for outright purchase which wasn't great for many actually. I would wait it out and see in a couple of weeks what happens. It should go on outright purchase. The one other reason is due to the limit of the boxes they have. No stores carry them a well.
I Plan to Stick Around

If they aren't available for purchase when they are released I'm cancelling. I'll have 3 4K TVs by then and before I pay a rental fee that adds up I prefer to spend the money and buy it. By the time the 4K PVR is out I would have spend almost $100 in rental fees for the 2 4K boxes I currently have. I prefer that Bell has the purchase option and even an option to rent for $0 if you have 3 services with them. I have a total of 7 TVs in my house, internet, home phone, cell phone. I pay a lot as is because I have a lot of add ons. Having no option to keep my bill down because of rental fees is forcing me to look at other options. Especially since Bell offers a $0 option for the 4K PVR
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

Depends on the bundle you receive. I called in for just Cable and Internet but their 4K PVR rental is $12 if u get a bundle per box for thay one. Which is better in my eyes. Seeing as i am only paying $12.95 for the 4K box which isn't PVR. Now when April hits and thr new PVR comes out it will be $24.95 most likely so am extra $12 ontop.

It all depends on what Rogers brings out but I see what u mean as i have checked out their pricing as i might end up switch due to the amount I am paying which is alot as well. ( my Fiancé wants to switch due to the amount)
I've Been Here Awhile

So I got the rogers 4k next box today, and so far so good.. just a few questions for you guys.. it doesn't seem to matter what channel I watch, my tv (when I press info on my LG remote) says my tv is in 4k mode.. (2160p).  I watch channel 999 998 997 and go back and forth to channel 22 (1080 is 22 and 900 are my 4k channels) I notice zero difference in picture quality asidea from my 4k box having a blue light on it saying "4k". Is it maybe my hdmi csbke, is the video card in the 4k boxes upscaling everything, or is the tv doing it or am I just not getting true 4k coming into my home. I have the LG 65 INCH UF6540 (model number)