4k nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: 4k nextbox

Hello @khungus,

Have a look at http://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv#/packages - current TV packages (Select, Popular and Premier) have some 4K channels included.

4K Channels Included (Ontario):

Select TV Package: Rogers 4K TV (999), SN 4K (998), TSN 4K (995).

Popular TV Package: Channels listed above + SN ONE 4K (997), TSN2 4K (994).

Premier TV Package: Channels listed above.

I confirmed the above with a Rogers Live Chat representative.  Note, as per that representative:

- The internal files that Rogers provides their agents states that 4K requires a $10 add-on.  This is incorrect - the $10 add-on is only required if you have a legacy cable TV package (anything other than Select, Popular or Premier).

EDIT: I worked with a representative via Twitter, who stated:

- The 4K channels listed alongside Cable TV packages (on the Rogers website) are included for *12 months only*.  After the 12-month period, you must pay $10/month to continue receiving 4K channels.

-- This fine print/terms are missing from Rogers.com.  The representative is reporting this issue 'up the chain', which will hopefully result in these terms being outlined and made clear.

I hope this helps your decision, when the time comes.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @robindp

Yes but as u said it's for the ones with legacy plans like me and many others which currently have the older packages such as the VIP.

Rogers did this quietly and added the 4K package on their new packages as u are paying more for what u get..

Anyways $10 a month isn't much really.
I'm an Advisor

@Meowmix,

Yup, nothing against those with legacy cable TV packages - I have VIP Ultimate+Movies (a legacy package).  Just a way to describe non-current packages. 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

This is becoming very concerning that Rogers is unable to keep stock on 4K PVR box or even allocate units for existing customers with units that are defective. Billion dollar company with an issue like this needs to source a better supplier or manage stock levels / forecast better.

I've got a defective 4K PVR that locks up contstantly even had two techs out that couldn't even help getting me a replacement. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordXTC

Believe me i know. I wanted another 4K PVR box for my parents room and only 2 stores in Toronto had them.. One had defective units and the other one had 1 unit but would only give it to the customers that signed a contract for cable... Seemed weired but whatever.

Seems Rogers is paying more attention to their X1 platform at the moment from Comcast and not paying attention to getting more 4K PVR box out to the techs or stores.
I Plan to Stick Around

X1 platform is far off is it not? I'm the one with a big paper weight of a box.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordXTC

Its supposed to launch sometime next year I believe.

Have you tried calling in and seeing if they can put a request to have a tech bring one too u? If a rep can not do it, most likely a manager can.

It seems they barely have any stock of those but have plenty of the normal 4K boxes.
I Plan to Stick Around

Two techs, office of the President and no box still.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordXTC

Even then eh? Wow that's really bad considering they are showing off 4K like crazy..
I've Been Here Awhile

4k PVR Nextbox noisy, is it normal?

I just got a 4K nextbox the other day and I've noticed ever since I've had it that it makes a clicking/rattling noise. It almost sounds like something is spinning inside the box. It's not that loud but it's quite noticeable and annoying when the TV is off, especially when trying to sleep as its in my room. It makes the noise whether the box is on or off, very rarely does it stop. I'm just wondering is this normal with the 4k PVR? I've had almost all of the other nextboxs and never experienced a noise like this.