4k nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: 4k nextbox

Yes, the Nextbox 4 PVR is a completely redesigned foundation, firmware designed and built by Technicolor, which is one of the largest suppliers of TV service equipment in Europe and Africa at this time.  Navigatr is layered in there, not as the full feature RDK middle ware between, designed to be a full IPTV box, but it is certainly cutting edge - where Rogers was trying to take things, but then it just didn't scale on the network once they pulled the model for IPTV out into the wild.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for the update on that @Pauly.  I loved BBC earth, and last year if I had signed up before March 31st, 2017, I could have taken on the single channel at 4.00, then it went to 5.00.

When I phoned in, I was told by various CSR's, and a discussion with management and Office of president, that yes, you could still get it, I held off a week or so, and next I ran into that you could not add any single channel or theme package to a grandfathered plan, then eventually, I was told that I could add the channel in a theme pack only, not as an individual channel, with no impact on my plan.

So you are right - it is one of those that with the changing conditions on what you could do with a grandfathered plan and changing restrictions on a weekly basis it seemed, that they finally settled on the package with it in.

What you cannot do though is add it on line to an old package, you have to move in (at least that is what I was told).  Then I stopped following it, got used to not having the channel, and ended up getting moved off VIP as I had to reduce services costs and the only way I could do that was to .

So you are correct, the position did change over time, but I wouldn't say debunked - the position was very firmly stated to me and I finally just backed off when they did agree that they had decided that we could stay on the old plan, phone in for the change and get it in a theme pack.

So the reality is that what was described did happen - to others reported here, and definitely in many calls and contacts by me, and ultimately the practice did not change.

It is still not clear just what the conditions are, so a clear statement, like we have tried to get on the Pay as You go changes as to what triggers a change in a grandfathered plan, and what options for change you have within a plan that doesn't not trigger a full change in terms length and options, pricing.

So it comes up because a clear statement by Rogers has never been made, much like wasn't made in relation to the Pay as You go change.

So disproven/debunked - not really - clarified, and staff educated to remove confusion, but still never officially made public, but I am used to Rogers rarely coming out with official statements to clarify things like this.

It takes people here and other channels of contact to keep pushing the questions, and finally a consistent pattern develops that gets reported back by customers, not typically by Rogers.

So I agree, you are remembering correctly of what happened.  I was one of those who went through it.  But in my case, decided the package with 5 channels I didn't need to get one was not worth it.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

When I went in to replace my DTA with a digital box as they now describe it in the information (which means, it can be any level of digital box they have in stock). there were no NB3 digital box, and a few NB3 PVR's but lots of NB2's with no PVR stacked up in the cupboard in view and on shelves I could see in the back.

The difference in a 3 and a 2 is quite obvious just by shape and size.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 4K Working and Then Stops Working With My TV

Hi There - Wondering if anyone else has the same issued. Got 2 Rogers boxes for my home set up. PVR for upstairs TV and Nextbox 4K for my TV downstairs. The issue I am having is that the signal comes through when I am watching in the evening on the 4K Box but in the morning when I turn it back on the picture is blank but sound is coming. Using a brand new high end HDMI cable and have a Sony 4K TV. When I reboot the tv works fine but again after watching in the evening for a second day and return in the morning the TV picture is not coming on (black screen) but sound is coming. Reboot and the TV works. I swapped the rogers box twice now. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Is it the HDMI cable -- it is plugged directly into the Rogers 4K Box? PVR box working fine upstairs. Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jumpman767 : Are you turning the TV and the 4K box both off when you're finished?  Sometimes the "handshake" between the two doesn't occur properly when only one is turned on.  Try turning the TV on first (making sure it's off), then the box a few seconds later (or perhaps the other way around). The order that you turn things on can sometimes affect the "handshake", but usually it's TV followed in a few seconds by the box.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I am turning both TV and nextbox off at the same time and not leaving one on overnight.  Thanks for your help. Do you think it is the HDMI cable? Rogers Tech said to use the Rogers 2.0 HDMI cable and test it out.